1. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is a patch enabling same-sex supports for Byleth. Please don't expect anything beyond that.

[​IMG]
    Picture Credits: @Ningyoplug

Thanks to the 3DSFE ROM hacking discord and the Three Houses Research Group for help and guidance and both Raytwo and Kolakcc for starfall.

For more info about FE3H ROMhacking check here and here.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth, Feb 27, 2020
  2. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Updated OP with pic and confirm it's safe and functional. Updated patch files to include a WIP paired ending patch, but expect some bugs, text overflowing, or accidental misgendering with the paired endings.

Ignore file 0. It doesn't work.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Epikkyu

Epikkyu Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hey! This patch seems like a cool concept but I can't get it to work despite following the installation guide.
    What could have possibly gone wrong?

4. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    First of, you need CFW to be able to use this patch in the first place. If that's not the case, you're probably not copying starforge to the root and copying the patch files to /Starfall/forge/.

5. Epikkyu

Epikkyu Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    This is how my SD card looks right now, I guess I'm missing something causing it not to work?
    upload_2020-1-26_0-26-29.png

6. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you have the latest update of the game installed on your switch? Show me where you put the patch files on your SD card.

7. Epikkyu

Epikkyu Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Yeah, FE3H is v1.1.1 and I suppose, are files 0 and 6163, are located in F:\Starfall\forge

8. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you have the latest version of Starfall, then it's probably your Switch not in CFW.

9. Epikkyu

Epikkyu Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    And what should I do in that situation?

10. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you don't have CFW, consult this for inquiry on installing CFW; you need CFW for file redirection of the ROM. To install CFW, you need a RCM jig and a exploitable switch. There's not much I can help you with beyond that.

11. tvo770

tvo770 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone who wants to use this on 1.2.0 can use Aldebaran instead of Starfall note the new DLC characters are not changed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by tvo770, Feb 26, 2020
  12. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @tvo770 I forgot to post the new patch. Here
    If you want to use it with Aldebaran just rename "IN_EventBaseInfo.bin" to "6163"

venom19910 likes this.
  13. konomaru

konomaru Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry, I am a bit lost updating from starfall to aldebaran. So you download aldebaran from the git-hub link and I got a "Aldebaran-master" folder. How should I organize it into SD/Aldebaran/forge/ to place in the root of my SD card? Then I download the 1.2 patch to get 010055D009F78000 folder, rename "IN_EventBaseInfo.bin" to "6163" within that folder and place it in the sxos/titles/ pathway as usual? Does anything go into the exefs_patches folder like the starfall_forge folder that went in it? Hope my question wasn't too confusing. Thank you for any help.

14. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Aldebaran isn't supported by SX OS. Download from Install via atmosphere and just change the folder names to match the folder structure of SX OS.

15. Gorkensnorkel

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, I am using Atmosphere and game version 1.2.0 so all I need is the file that is linked correct? What is this talk about "Starfall"? I haven't heard of it, is it for SXOS users?

16. Quinnbo

Quinnbo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    so sorry but i am unfamiliar with patching with atmosphere. do i just place the atmosphere folder to the root of my sd card and boot up the game on my cfw?

Last edited by Quinnbo, May 7, 2020
  17. Bri2020

Bri2020 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey there! I'm a researcher at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and I've been talking to folks who mod games. I talked to the person behind the Harvest Moon same sex marriage rom hack and he referenced me to your work. Would you be interested in chatting about this mod and the work that went into it? Thanks! And sorry if this is weird and out of the blue.

18. DestinyFeather

DestinyFeather GBAtemp Fan

United States
  19. SinsOfSloth

OP SinsOfSloth Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Gonna be quite frank here, but ther was barely any work put into this. I literally spent less than a day on this. I just cross-compared files from previous patches and used other data documented in the game to come to the conclusion that this file contains data on the supports. It was just a matter of intuition without any need to test in-game to do this.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emblem, Houses, Three