ROM Hack WIP Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Same-Sex Patch

SinsOfSloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a patch enabling same-sex supports for Byleth. Please don't expect anything beyond that.

2019123108534200-0DC6ECE91CF3F6F02BAFC002E3FFBAAD.jpg

Picture Credits: @Ningyoplug

Thanks to the 3DSFE ROM hacking discord and the Three Houses Research Group for help and guidance and both Raytwo and Kolakcc for starfall.

For more info about FE3H ROMhacking check here and here.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth,

SinsOfSloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP with pic and confirm it's safe and functional. Updated patch files to include a WIP paired ending patch, but expect some bugs, text overflowing, or accidental misgendering with the paired endings.

Ignore file 0. It doesn't work.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth,

Epikkyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey! This patch seems like a cool concept but I can't get it to work despite following the installation guide.
What could have possibly gone wrong?

SinsOfSloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! This patch seems like a cool concept but I can't get it to work despite following the installation guide.
What could have possibly gone wrong?
First of, you need CFW to be able to use this patch in the first place. If that's not the case, you're probably not copying starforge to the root and copying the patch files to /Starfall/forge/.

Epikkyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First of, you need CFW to be able to use this patch in the first place. If that's not the case, you're probably not copying starforge to the root and copying the patch files to /Starfall/forge/.
This is how my SD card looks right now, I guess I'm missing something causing it not to work?
upload_2020-1-26_0-26-29.png

konomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I am a bit lost updating from starfall to aldebaran. So you download aldebaran from the git-hub link and I got a "Aldebaran-master" folder. How should I organize it into SD/Aldebaran/forge/ to place in the root of my SD card? Then I download the 1.2 patch to get 010055D009F78000 folder, rename "IN_EventBaseInfo.bin" to "6163" within that folder and place it in the sxos/titles/ pathway as usual? Does anything go into the exefs_patches folder like the starfall_forge folder that went in it? Hope my question wasn't too confusing. Thank you for any help.

SinsOfSloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I am a bit lost updating from starfall to aldebaran. So you download aldebaran from the git-hub link and I got a "Aldebaran-master" folder. How should I organize it into SD/Aldebaran/forge/ to place in the root of my SD card? Then I download the 1.2 patch to get 010055D009F78000 folder, rename "IN_EventBaseInfo.bin" to "6163" within that folder and place it in the sxos/titles/ pathway as usual? Does anything go into the exefs_patches folder like the starfall_forge folder that went in it? Hope my question wasn't too confusing. Thank you for any help.
Aldebaran isn't supported by SX OS. Download from Install via atmosphere and just change the folder names to match the folder structure of SX OS.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am using Atmosphere and game version 1.2.0 so all I need is the file that is linked correct? What is this talk about "Starfall"? I haven't heard of it, is it for SXOS users?

Quinnbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so sorry but i am unfamiliar with patching with atmosphere. do i just place the atmosphere folder to the root of my sd card and boot up the game on my cfw?

Last edited by Quinnbo,

Bri2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I'm a researcher at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and I've been talking to folks who mod games. I talked to the person behind the Harvest Moon same sex marriage rom hack and he referenced me to your work. Would you be interested in chatting about this mod and the work that went into it? Thanks! And sorry if this is weird and out of the blue.

SinsOfSloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I'm a researcher at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and I've been talking to folks who mod games. I talked to the person behind the Harvest Moon same sex marriage rom hack and he referenced me to your work. Would you be interested in chatting about this mod and the work that went into it? Thanks! And sorry if this is weird and out of the blue.
Gonna be quite frank here, but ther was barely any work put into this. I literally spent less than a day on this. I just cross-compared files from previous patches and used other data documented in the game to come to the conclusion that this file contains data on the supports. It was just a matter of intuition without any need to test in-game to do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1