Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon [Evil Version]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Blazer, Dec 30, 2009.

Dec 30, 2009
  1. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is a hack I made a bit ago. It makes various changes to chapter 1 of the game. You get to fight against Marth and crew as opposed to the other way around (you get to play as the "bad guys", which is why it's called "Evil Version"). It's a bit of a test hack to see if I can apply my hacking knowledge but it went alright and so far the feedback I've gotten is positive. If people play the hack I might create a better hack with custom portraits and other crap.

2. Skid00dshi

Newcomer Skid00dshi Advanced Member

United States
    AHA looks nice man. The evil version. Though, I never finished playing the game. I ended up not playing anymore after the first chapter. Thanks to your patch, I might check out the game. Thanks.

3. SaitoKojima

Member SaitoKojima GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The regular game's already extremely hard.

Now it's even harder!?!

4. 5%

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

Always been a fan of FE games so this is greatly appreciated. Will you be doing this for chapter 2 & so on and so forth?

5. Chao33

Newcomer Chao33 Member

United States
    soooo i just played the patch and i like it but am i soposed to let marth live to move on or is that it for now ???? cuz ide love to toss around marth some more xD Good work tho loves it [​IMG] ,v,,

6. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah the hack is unfortunately only a chapter long because well, if you kill Marth it's game over. It's possibly possible to hack the events and change that OR the game over thing is hardcoded, in which case I can't do much about that.

That being said, I won't be continuing the hack, but I may very well make another Shadow Dragon hack that is longer in the near future, and make use of all of my capabilities, like portrait editing, other graphic editing, do some REAL text editing, etc.

@SaitoKojima, I'm not sure it's harder... I don't think it is, for sure. One of your units (you play as the bad guys) is a broken Wyvern Lord with some great stats and most of your units have pretty good weaponry. Plus, your own main character (the former boss of the chapter) is Gazak, and if you look at the screens he is pretty broken himself. Plus he gets even better with the gate stats + healing boost.

@Kaduchy, I don't blame you for stopping after the first chapter, but the game gets slightly better, and then goes downhill, and then gets better again, personally I haven't finished the game either (the irony, I'm hacking it) but I'm trying to on my flashcart... XD In any case I hope you enjoy the hack.

Also, for Fire Emblem fans, there are many Fire Emblem hacks on the web of the GBA games. Most of those hackers don't bother to visit websites like these because they are just people who use easy-to-use interface programs, but they can be found if you google or search youtube. I'd give out links but I don't want to be blamed for advertising.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

7. don_eno

Member don_eno GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    this is weird.

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Nice work, while I would never knock translation efforts I do like to see hacks like this.

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    You can hardly tell Shadow Dragon is hard.
    Play some of the older Fire Emblems, then you will know what's hard.

10. inkheart0327

Newcomer inkheart0327 Newbie

United States
    hey i downloaded the evil version and dragged my rom onto it but then it says the xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the orginal rom and extract all of patch files to the same folder.""

-_But i did!