ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: ROM Hacking General Thread

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is late. All I can say is to double check the files. Sorry. Can't say anything specific without the file.

81SLnQL.png
It's not a new map, but it certainly wasn't in Fates.
You can't just tease things like this. Makes me too hype. Importing more maps from awakening could be so fun.

@KunoichiZ it was from Awakening's first DLC

Last edited by Kobazco,
Reactions: FlappyFalco

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Off the top of my head, you need to do;
- Add a new class block in GameData.bin
- Make a new JID for your class on ROM3 in the asset folder
- Obtain sprites for your class and place them in Unit/Body/
- if you want custom new animations that don't exist ingame (or reuse current animations to make a new set), you need to edit aset.bin in the bs folder.

This is not even mentioning the class details like connecting it to a promotion, creating the alternate gender version, etc.

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now that we're on this topic. Can I assume we can import animations from Awakening fairly easily? Like for example Grima's battle animation and stuff. Also and by sprites I assume you mean Map Sprites?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TildeHat, if you don't mind me asking, what process did you go through to port that map over? I considered doing something similar, but trying to move all of the different map components over seemed a little too intimidating. I'd definitely like to try it again at some point though.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@TildeHat, if you don't mind me asking, what process did you go through to port that map over? I considered doing something similar, but trying to move all of the different map components over seemed a little too intimidating. I'd definitely like to try it again at some point though.

It's the same process as porting battle models over.

Then in the field folder there's a bin file that controls what bch files will be loaded and tells which models are loaded onto the field. I've got notes on the files here.

Right now I'm messing with cruiser height and its been frustrating. Sometimes you get funny results like this:
.eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGACojVKcbRBBJGpiI-yoj6q7V73nfdw9T7e63WzoGsJ2aJW5eTWZpTffRfrZyjjUV7lCMSt1vxqbBsgpEVHMmAEoxcfyL0JIERDwmXHJKdz8YnmzH9zd9wcJlCLq.k6m5PeKaJLNzm5LqjULBNlfDmiw

Other times the map just disappears...

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small question. How does one make it so particle effects appear on attack like Rinkah, Fuga, Felicia, and Flora? Is there a hex value in gamedata that has to be changed somewhere?

king_frost93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same process as porting battle models over.

Then in the field folder there's a bin file that controls what bch files will be loaded and tells which models are loaded onto the field. I've got notes on the files here.

Right now I'm messing with cruiser height and its been frustrating. Sometimes you get funny results like this:
.eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGACojVKcbRBBJGpiI-yoj6q7V73nfdw9T7e63WzoGsJ2aJW5eTWZpTffRfrZyjjUV7lCMSt1vxqbBsgpEVHMmAEoxcfyL0JIERDwmXHJKdz8YnmzH9zd9wcJlCLq.k6m5PeKaJLNzm5LqjULBNlfDmiw

Other times the map just disappears...

So when you made the map, how did you structure the mesh? Like, did you take a plane or some other flat surface and shape it into the basic outline of the map before inserting stuff in like the castles? I'm curious on the process.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be able to force it, but what gives them that effect is their personal skill.

Ah, I see.
On another note, is it possible to force a bond unit to spawn as a blue unit in a chapter so they can join you, or just force them into your team by other means? By chapter would be cool, but forcing them to join is alright as well. And then save editing could probably remove their shield. Then comes the struggle of giving them custom supports...

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see.
On another note, is it possible to force a bond unit to spawn as a blue unit in a chapter so they can join you, or just force them into your team by other means? By chapter would be cool, but forcing them to join is alright as well. And then save editing could probably remove their shield. Then comes the struggle of giving them custom supports...
You should be able to force a bond unit to join as a blue unit. Additionally I can confirm that you can remove their shield, and they work just fine with supports.
I'm not sure if I did things quite right, but I ended up being able to have Corrin support a bond unit (and marry them!) so I guess that's a success?

However, I want to note that while I was editing the supports for the Bond Unit, it said the bond unit had 0 space, and then when I loaded the GameData.bin after saving it showed more supports than I had made.

EDIT: Note the Gin (supports) jpg compared to the screenshots.
If you follow where I posted this, you'll see that I was able to marry a bond unit to Corrin before.

Last edited by Dylos,

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I force them to join as a blue unit?
And afterwards, should I be able to manually add support convos via the conversation editor?

Last edited by Fluffy56547,

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So when you made the map, how did you structure the mesh? Like, did you take a plane or some other flat surface and shape it into the basic outline of the map before inserting stuff in like the castles? I'm curious on the process.

That's FE1 Ch 1 from Awakening's DLC. So I don't have a process of making a brand new map.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not near a computer to check this, but would it be possible to enable the scouting missions (like in BR and RV) in CQ using the Nightmare tools or something else?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm not near a computer to check this, but would it be possible to enable the scouting missions (like in BR and RV) in CQ using the Nightmare tools or something else?
There's a long list of reasons why this isn't possible, but I'll keep it short with this;
They don't exist.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F