Fire Emblem: Awakening Help&Tips

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Roxasorg13, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Roxasorg13
    OP

Roxasorg13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Hi! Im playing Fire Emblem:Awakening in Hard Difficulty , right now im in Chapter 2, and i dont want to use Frederick because i want to level up my other characters, i really love fire emblem, but i just dont get used to this game, i find it , really REAAALLY difficult, can you give me some advice to improve "Skills" ?

2. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Fire Emblem on hard difficulty is stupid.
    Use Frederick. Later on you will have opportunities to grind up the rest of your party to acceptable levels like every other JRPG.

3. Coconut

Coconut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    Just match Frederick with another player. Or grind, I forgot if you could use reeking boxes at that point.

4. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    No hard difficulty is excellent.

Pair up and place players at the edge of an opponents attack range to take them out of their formation.

Use Frederick sparingly and only when you are in trouble.try and level up everyone else.

Keep donnel and take time to level him up for end game.

Also persevere with levelling up an archer. Makes the game easier end game. Same with two pegasussa.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You pretty much need to use Frederick at the start of the game to take out a couple of dudes, then have your main character and Chrom try to finish off the rest for XP. If you don't use Frederick at all, chances are you'll get swamped.

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I don't remember the name of the modes precisely, but in FE:Awakening you had:
    Normal: Easy as hell
    Hard: Easy, you can throw Frederick down the garbage can and keep playing, no need for him.
    Harder (don't remember the name, Lunatic?): Frederick's Emblem (no way around it)

Recommendation: Pair people a lot and keep then together, support boost stats a lot. Bait with Frederick, kill and get experience points with others.

7. kirekun

kirekun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2014
    For the first 6 chapters (or so till you unlock DLC)
    Rely on Frederick then grind up characters using DLCs.

That's why we call it Frederick Emblem (for the first chapters)
    Then the Children take over at end game haha xD

8. Stingart

Stingart GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    I disagree with most of the answers here. :glare:

When I first touched FE:A I did a Lunatic No DLC run and used Frederick as a meat shield for the first few chapters. I denied him as much XP as possible. This is one of the easier FE games, I recommend not using Frederick and let the characters you want to use absorb as much XP as possible.

Some tips:

- Partner up, use this mechanic all the time.
    - You can use Frederick as bait and meat shield. Be sure to unequip all his weapons so your opponents don't hit him for much.
    - Just use the characters you enjoy the most, you will have a lot of characters that can't joy the battle later on so don't waste XP if you're not planning on using that character.