Fire emblem awakening deleted

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by joesteve1914, Mar 27, 2013.

Mar 27, 2013
  1. joesteve1914
    OP

Member joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    On my 3ds, I have 1 dsiware game, a few virtual console games, and Fire Emblem Awakening, my only actual 3ds game. So I backed up my 3ds SD card onto my computer to use it for something else, but now when I put it all back on, everything is there EXCEPT fe awakening. Also it can't be the SD card because even though dsiware is stored on the actual system, VC games are on the SD card, and they come up on it. I know I can redownload it, but I don't want to lose my saves. Is there a way to fix it?

2. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you could try to re-download fire emblem on a different sd card (if you have one), figure out which folder name it uses and try to locate it either on your computer or old sd card. maybe you forgot to backup or restore the folder that contains the 3ds games. You could also call nintendo (1-800-255-3700) and see what they say, but they probably just say re-download it from eshop

3. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Weird, I didn't have this issue at all when I moved from small SD up to a larger one. Reset system, might of accidently been moved too.

4. joesteve1914
    OP

United States
    Woah, I just tried to start the games that do show up on the menu and none work. It just says they can't be started.

5. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how did the backup the sd card? did you keep the directory structure intact? maybe you have all your files in a folder when it should be on the root of the sd card. everything that you backup need to be put back on sd card exactly as it was.

6. DaggerV

United States
    Did you format your SD card prior to moving the data from one SD card to another, did you format your 3DS beforehand? I'm wondering either A, you copied wrong folder, or B, the SD card structure isn't proper.

Also make sure the SD card is seated properly. I kept having freezes when I inserted a new SD card, reseating it stopped it, I guess it wasn't in properly the first time, might be possible yours isn't in right.

7. buyme210
    This message by buyme210 has been removed from public view by Densetsu, Mar 28, 2013.
    Mar 28, 2013
  8. joesteve1914
    OP

United States
    So what do you need to format it to? I've been formatting it to FAT.

9. DaggerV

United States
    Try something for me right quick, copy it back to old card and see if that works.

I'd do Fat32 also on format.