Gaming Finding certain games at good deals

• Thread starter Deleted member 568048
  • Start date
  • Views 466
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted member 568048

OP
How can I find certain games on good deals? Like I was trying to find Pokemon Platinum (Authentic with case) and they all where some crazy fucking price. I'm not looking for sealed crap either, I just want Authentic working games with cases but some of them are so pricey:( I would pay these prices but I feel like I am missing something and I can find them cheaper.
Also to answer things I will get asked

A. Well why don't you just open a facebook account, they got good deals????
BECAUSE I TRY TO STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA! I know I sound old.
B. WELL DO YOU HAVE THRIFT STORES???
If the goodwill counts?

:yayps3::yay3ds:Only collecting for xbox/nintendo systems, I dont collect playstation/sega.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prices will end up high. Limited supply, only getting smaller, greater demand than there is supply (you have everybody that sold it off back when wanting it back, everybody that wants another copy for the shelf of cool things, that played it back when round a friend's, rented it, has discovered it since, that wants it for an investment of sorts... and all that with no new ones being made, old ones being destroyed).

The facebook thing is not a bad plan for some. In the general selling groups you get stuff like mothers looking to do a clearance of an attic and will bundle all games and consoles for way less than individual games might go for (can be enough if you are willing to sell it on individually to fund what you want). Boxes are less likely in those though as it seems many kids get rid of them.

Game shops online and off generally know what they can get for things, and yeah that means high prices.

Charity shops/thrift shops are a thing, though again they tend to employ people to check prices on ebay and will also know that goes as far as games these days.

Yard sales, flea markets, car boot sales and similar. Can find things here, but have to be early as everybody on a site like this knows about such things and might even rapid speed them looking for such things as soon as they are up, but at the same time everybody apparently has a phone these days and knows to look on ebay so it is not like it was 15 years ago (which was still after the retro boom when retro games went up).

Basically there is a reason emulators and flash carts are a popular topic around here.

D

Deleted member 568048

OP
Prices will end up high. Limited supply, only getting smaller, greater demand than there is supply (you have everybody that sold it off back when wanting it back, everybody that wants another copy for the shelf of cool things, that played it back when round a friend's, rented it, has discovered it since, that wants it for an investment of sorts... and all that with no new ones being made, old ones being destroyed).

The facebook thing is not a bad plan for some. In the general selling groups you get stuff like mothers looking to do a clearance of an attic and will bundle all games and consoles for way less than individual games might go for (can be enough if you are willing to sell it on individually to fund what you want). Boxes are less likely in those though as it seems many kids get rid of them.

Game shops online and off generally know what they can get for things, and yeah that means high prices.

Charity shops/thrift shops are a thing, though again they tend to employ people to check prices on ebay and will also know that goes as far as games these days.

Yard sales, flea markets, car boot sales and similar. Can find things here, but have to be early as everybody on a site like this knows about such things and might even rapid speed them looking for such things as soon as they are up, but at the same time everybody apparently has a phone these days and knows to look on ebay so it is not like it was 15 years ago (which was still after the retro boom when retro games went up).

Basically there is a reason emulators and flash carts are a popular topic around here.
Yeah my gamestores are AWFUL
My gamestop sells noting but dumb merchandise nobody even buys
We don't get many yard sales around here either
Looks like I'll have to pay the price on ebay:( *Gulp*
I am fine with emulation but I like to own my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest