Finally Hacked my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zeromac, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

Finally Hacked my Wii by zeromac at 10:29 AM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Woot! [​IMG]

Finally came around to hacking my Wii [​IMG]
    Thanks to the guide tj_cool made, i managed to get HBC installed and Priiloader installed (Although i don't know how priiloader is brick protection)
    Sadly couldn't get BootMii installed as boot2 so i guess i have no brick protection [​IMG]

Just got some questions that need answering [​IMG]

Well i just decided to hack my Wii out of the blue so i had to use my 512MB SD card which is normally for my camera. Now i have all of the stuff, what do i do? I want to keep that SD card as my camera SD card. That's why I'm planning on buying another SD card for the Wii
    (how big do i need it?) So if i do buy another SD card for use of my Wii, does that mean i have to like reinstall everything or get stuff onto the new SD card like registry files? [​IMG]
    Also can i delete all of the Wii related stuff off of my camera SD card? or does Priiloader or something need that to work?

Cheers

PS: What are some nice stuff i can put on my hacked Wii besides pirated games? Ie nice channels?

2. Clarky The Merc

Newcomer Clarky The Merc Member

United Kingdom
    basically once its hacked you can remove the SD, its all installed to NAND

although if you would like to use a backup loader i.e NeoGamma for DVD-R or CfgLoader/WiiFlow for USB loading then you will need something to store the files on. You can use a single FAT32 partition to store both your loaders, apps (including WiiMC, which is a great media centre application), media and games all on one USB drive, please note this needs to be plugged into USB0 (closest to edge of chassis).

check out wadder.freeforums.net for some great channels and themes for your wii and also check out some of the channel threads right here on gbatemp, any other probs then am sure if you post a thread or find a relevant thread and post a question theres a few decent guys mixed between the rtards who flame, or just PM someone or even myself and we'll help you out.

3. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Awesome so does that mean i only need to put stuff onto a SD card such as Homebrew apps and stuff yea?

Priiloader dosen't need anything from the SD card?

4. Clarky The Merc

United Kingdom
    thats right, once ya have priiloader installed it copies the hacks.ini to the NAND into /shared and its then read from there on boot, it only reads the file from SD during install and first config its then all copied to NAND. you mentioned ya cant install BootMii to boot2, regardless of this i would still take a NAND dump and copy yours keys and nand.bin to somewhere safe because in the event of something messy you can get one of the guys to flash your NAND with a infectus programmer with the nand.bin and recover your wii but with priiloader installed if you install any bad channels then you can use priiloader to boot straight to HBC and run WadManager to uninstall the offending wad so it still has some good recovery uses.

5. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Ah cool

Just one question

How do i NAND dump? [​IMG]

6. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    just start up bootmii from priiloader or homebrew and click on the settings button (the cogs) then press the one with an arrow pointing from the wii to an SD
    dont worry about the bad blocks while its dumping and it should take like 15min
    Note: either use a gc controller to navigate through bootmii or the buttons on the front of the wii if you didnt already know

7. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Dam that means i have to go back and install Bootmii as a IOS whatever it is?

8. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    yeh it does

9. Clarky The Merc

United Kingdom
    just copy the boot.elf from SD Root to SD:/apps/hackmii/boot.elf and then run it from HBC saves you having to bannerbomb again

10. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Ah cool

Also do i have to buy a new SD card, could i just like use a USB to store all the .dof and stuff like homebrew? since I've already hacked it?

11. Clarky The Merc

United Kingdom
    yeah you can store all your .dols and stuff on USB aslong as its FAT32

but you will need a SD to dump the NAND to since BootMii wont dump to USB

12. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Omg..You mean i could've used a USB all along!? xD

Dang...

Well i guess I'll nand dump it (how do i restore it if my Wii does get bricked?)

And i can just use a spare USB or something for other craps

13. Clarky The Merc

United Kingdom
    yeah you need SD to hack to begin with, but once its hacked, you can run all your applications and loaders etc from USB using the Homebrew Channel.

HBC will default to USB if the SD if not found