Hacking Question Finally got my hands on a switch need help starting

javitox5000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I finally got a switch (yay!) but I'm pretty lost when it comes to scene, I'd like to know if it's possible to play my backups and use homebrews on a cfw and whenever I want to play online with the actual cartridge get into the ofw and play with no risk (or pretty low) of ban.

If you can also link me to the guides it would be amazing.

Thank you very much

D

Deleted User

i dont recomend hacking the switch. if you wanna play free gams use cemu to play the ports

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone,

I finally got a switch (yay!) but I'm pretty lost when it comes to scene, I'd like to know if it's possible to play my backups and use homebrews on a cfw and whenever I want to play online with the actual cartridge get into the ofw and play with no risk (or pretty low) of ban.

Thank you very much
but if you insist... https://switch.hacks.guide/

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much
You want to hack your switch? Then you gotta understand the risks an accept what you are getting into.
Also you have to check weather if your switch is hackable or not by checking it's serial and referring to a this site and just entering the serial of your switch: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ over here about serial checks weather if your switch is patched or unpatched
Do understand if you intend on going online it is best not to hack your switch.
I play games via CFW and have still not been banned though when going to OFW.
But one can reduce getting banned to the lowest. But I'd suggest waiting on something for a ban wave to occur.
Nintendo usually flag consoles and wait some time before instantly banning tons and thousands of switches.
So we do not really know weather we will get banned or not and it is best to wait for EmuNAND on free OFW.
I personally own SX OS and use free CFW because why not.

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much
Again, and as @shado9573 said, it is not recommended unless you have gotten into hacking other consoles like the 3ds or you are an expert at this stuff

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
retroarch allows you to play alot of old console games up to the n64 and ps1 era its the best portable retro console

if you want to backup your cart games on to a sd card you need to buy TX SX OS or TX SX PRO (I will not tell you were to find free games and not sharing your own backups will lower you chances of ban. PM for more infor) and don't post here about this only post on their forums. I wouldn't play backups online play unless maybe play over lan way

and a hack switch has other advantages besides backups and emulators theres pc game streaming, play video and music, local backup of your saves, theme your switch, ftp avvess, game over lan which is better than Nintendo server etc

always have 90DNS or TX SX OS stealth mode on is best way to lower your chances of ban and backup your nand before even using a cfw

you need to check your serial number to see if its even possible

Last edited by pcwizard7,

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you should at least find out if your Switch is exploitable. If not then you don't need to think about the other options that would be available to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?