Question Finally got my hands on a switch need help starting

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by javitox5000, Feb 13, 2019.

1. javitox5000
    OP

javitox5000 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I finally got a switch (yay!) but I'm pretty lost when it comes to scene, I'd like to know if it's possible to play my backups and use homebrews on a cfw and whenever I want to play online with the actual cartridge get into the ofw and play with no risk (or pretty low) of ban.

If you can also link me to the guides it would be amazing.

Thank you very much

2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    i dont recomend hacking the switch. if you wanna play free gams use cemu to play the ports

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but if you insist... https://switch.hacks.guide/

3. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    You want to hack your switch? Then you gotta understand the risks an accept what you are getting into.
    Also you have to check weather if your switch is hackable or not by checking it's serial and referring to a this site and just entering the serial of your switch: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ over here about serial checks weather if your switch is patched or unpatched
    Do understand if you intend on going online it is best not to hack your switch.
    I play games via CFW and have still not been banned though when going to OFW.
    But one can reduce getting banned to the lowest. But I'd suggest waiting on something for a ban wave to occur.
    Nintendo usually flag consoles and wait some time before instantly banning tons and thousands of switches.
    So we do not really know weather we will get banned or not and it is best to wait for EmuNAND on free OFW.
    I personally own SX OS and use free CFW because why not.

4. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Again, and as @shado9573 said, it is not recommended unless you have gotten into hacking other consoles like the 3ds or you are an expert at this stuff

5. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    CymraegAce and Burkilos like this.
  6. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    retroarch allows you to play alot of old console games up to the n64 and ps1 era its the best portable retro console

if you want to backup your cart games on to a sd card you need to buy TX SX OS or TX SX PRO (I will not tell you were to find free games and not sharing your own backups will lower you chances of ban. PM for more infor) and don't post here about this only post on their forums. I wouldn't play backups online play unless maybe play over lan way

and a hack switch has other advantages besides backups and emulators theres pc game streaming, play video and music, local backup of your saves, theme your switch, ftp avvess, game over lan which is better than Nintendo server etc

always have 90DNS or TX SX OS stealth mode on is best way to lower your chances of ban and backup your nand before even using a cfw

you need to check your serial number to see if its even possible

Last edited by pcwizard7, Feb 15, 2019
  7. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    First you should at least find out if your Switch is exploitable. If not then you don't need to think about the other options that would be available to you.

8. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    is the ''search'' button broken?

9. javitox5000
    OP

javitox5000 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2013
    If there is something that fills the requirements I ask for but I don't know how the homebrew or CFW is called how do you think I am able to search for it...

Gotta think a bit mate