GCN Finally! Cheap 3rd party Wavebirds!

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For those looking for a wavebird and finding that in some countries like the UK where the Gamecube was immensely popular, Wavebirds are stupidly expensive. I was browsing on Ebay and found that people are selling 3rd party, generic Wavebirds. I plan to buy one and test it out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3rd-Party...ontroller-Gamepad-Like-Wavebird-/142312992784

Link for those interested. You can find them on any country's site.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For those looking for a wavebird and finding that in some countries like the UK where the Gamecube was immensely popular, Wavebirds are stupidly expensive. I was browsing on Ebay and found that people are selling 3rd party, generic Wavebirds. I plan to buy one and test it out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3rd-Party...ontroller-Gamepad-Like-Wavebird-/142312992784

Link for those interested. You can find them on any country's site.
I'm sure it's shit. I've never used a noname brand controller that wasn't.
Don't expect to be playing Smash with it but it might be fine for Mario Party. Actually don't even try it with Smash, you'll probably break it. ;)
I have a wireless Thrustmaster GC controller that's pretty good though, it's just a bit small.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure it's shit. I've never used a noname brand controller that wasn't.
Don't expect to be playing Smash with it but it might be fine for Mario Party. Actually don't even try it with Smash, you'll probably break it. ;)
I have a wireless Thrustmaster GC controller that's pretty good though, it's just a bit small.

I don't want to pay £50 for a wavebird personally. But with all of the other gamecube crap I've got, i'll give it a shot.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any one got one and tried it? I would just like the shell so i dont have to paint my oem one lol i'm sure the guts wont fit tho..

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

I got this wireless GC controller a few days ago. It just werks. 20 dollars at my local game store

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I only paid £12 for an official wavebird, just don't jump on BIN auctions and you should be able to get one in ok condition for cheaper than the clone

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wonder if the receiver is compatible with genuine Wavebirds.

The controllers without receivers are fairly cheap and easy to find at used electronics stores here in Japan.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already got a pristine condition one. And i got it for free. But i prefer black controllers since all my consoles are black.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder if the receiver is compatible with genuine Wavebirds.

The controllers without receivers are fairly cheap and easy to find at used electronics stores here in Japan.

Looking at the photo no it is not compatible..

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I already got a pristine condition one. And i got it for free. But i prefer black controllers since all my consoles are black.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking at the photo no it is not compatible..

How can you tell from the photo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1