Eds89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got my first Vita today, second hand unit with 3.68 on it.
Was messing around with the USB drivers as I was having issues getting the Vita to connect to QCMA initially, and found final h-encore had a USB driver packaged that worked, so decided to use the guide for this installation.

The problem I have now, is I think I missed the window, as 3.69 was released what, 10 hours ago?
As such, when I launch content manager on the Vita, it prompts me to sign into PSN. When I try to do that, it tells me there is an update. When in airplane mode, it tries to bypass, but then just disconnects from the PC.

I have tried using several DNS server addresses mentioned in guides, but none work.
Is there a way I can bypass the 3.69 update, sign into PSN, and then run final h-encore?

Cheers
Eds

Eds89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nevermind, I tried again by adding alternate DNS settings, and then went through the PSN store and signed in there, rather than through system settings.
Now seems to be working as expected!

Eds

Eds89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, I used the frequently suggested DNS of: 212.47.229.76

Sign in to PSN through settings was ineffective, but through the PSN stored worked fine with this DNS.

leosel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it could have been simple, not doing any DNS settings, you just need to factory reset your PS Vita and on the initial set-up where in it's going to ask you about if you have psn account just choose yes, then connect to a wifi connection and log your account without telling you to update to 3.69..simple and easy..

Eds89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably would have been easier at that point yes, but I hadn't realised it would function any differently once on WiFi. My assumption would have been it would have also completed a check for an update online.

Hey ho, you live and learn!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Think I have seen three IPs mentioned, that being one of them.

This seemed to work though, so guess it's still functional?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dns I mentioned I think is for updating to 3.65 ensou directly, so maybe that's why I know of it? I'm not sure what it will do above that, but I've heard that it will still block sony.

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At the price where PSP/Vita (older) games are sold on PSN, some of us like to buy and give something to the developers, using a legit Vita....
I had just reinstalled Persona 4 Golden 2 days ago on my 3.67 Vita, I guess i'd have had to update its OFW (to at least 3.68) to do it today (my other Vita/PS TV are on 3.60 with Enso)...
As usual, thank you Sony, for causing more problems to people who purchased titles online, than to people who only download 'backups'.

Last edited by oleg77,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nevermind, I tried again by adding alternate DNS settings, and then went through the PSN store and signed in there, rather than through system settings.
Now seems to be working as expected!

Eds

Also make sure that you disabled auto download options in settings menu, because even in henkaku there is possibility to fw update sneak...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can update to 3.68 directly through the recovery menu by using qcma. you need to modify the update xml iirc. I remember doing it back on 3.18/3.20 to 3.60 before the dns.

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by oleg77,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the update message opens during startup, deleting id.dat from the root of the memory card on a PC worked for me, but this would probably only work if you are using SD2VITA.

hawkeye10

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure, I used the frequently suggested DNS of: 212.47.229.76

Sign in to PSN through settings was ineffective, but through the PSN stored worked fine with this DNS.

Well it could have been simple, not doing any DNS settings, you just need to factory reset your PS Vita and on the initial set-up where in it's going to ask you about if you have psn account just choose yes, then connect to a wifi connection and log your account without telling you to update to 3.69..simple and easy..

I have tried both ways, but can not sign in properly. Do you know any other ways or new DNS? I could sign up a new account but when I check in the PSN settings, my account email was there but "Not signed in". TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo