Final h-encore on 3.68, bypass PSN sign in and 3.69 update

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Eds89, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Eds89
    OP

Eds89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Got my first Vita today, second hand unit with 3.68 on it.
    Was messing around with the USB drivers as I was having issues getting the Vita to connect to QCMA initially, and found final h-encore had a USB driver packaged that worked, so decided to use the guide for this installation.

The problem I have now, is I think I missed the window, as 3.69 was released what, 10 hours ago?
    As such, when I launch content manager on the Vita, it prompts me to sign into PSN. When I try to do that, it tells me there is an update. When in airplane mode, it tries to bypass, but then just disconnects from the PC.

I have tried using several DNS server addresses mentioned in guides, but none work.
    Is there a way I can bypass the 3.69 update, sign into PSN, and then run final h-encore?

Cheers
    Eds

2. Eds89
    OP

Eds89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Nevermind, I tried again by adding alternate DNS settings, and then went through the PSN store and signed in there, rather than through system settings.
    Now seems to be working as expected!

Eds

3. sorapsx

sorapsx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    Philippines
    what DNS setting did you use? can you share?

4. Eds89
    OP

Eds89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sure, I used the frequently suggested DNS of: 212.47.229.76

Sign in to PSN through settings was ineffective, but through the PSN stored worked fine with this DNS.

5. leosel

leosel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2010
    Well it could have been simple, not doing any DNS settings, you just need to factory reset your PS Vita and on the initial set-up where in it's going to ask you about if you have psn account just choose yes, then connect to a wifi connection and log your account without telling you to update to 3.69..simple and easy..

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I thought the dns was: 23.96.6.207

7. Eds89
    OP

Eds89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Probably would have been easier at that point yes, but I hadn't realised it would function any differently once on WiFi. My assumption would have been it would have also completed a check for an update online.

Hey ho, you live and learn!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Think I have seen three IPs mentioned, that being one of them.

This seemed to work though, so guess it's still functional?

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the dns I mentioned I think is for updating to 3.65 ensou directly, so maybe that's why I know of it? I'm not sure what it will do above that, but I've heard that it will still block sony.

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    212.47.229.76 is the old 3.60 Henkaku DNS, the one @godreborn posted is for 3.65.

Madridi, RY0M43CH1Z3N and godreborn like this.
  10. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Airplane mode for life baby!.. I never played my vita online... Since Killzone went offline

11. oleg77

oleg77 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Belgium
    At the price where PSP/Vita (older) games are sold on PSN, some of us like to buy and give something to the developers, using a legit Vita....
    I had just reinstalled Persona 4 Golden 2 days ago on my 3.67 Vita, I guess i'd have had to update its OFW (to at least 3.68) to do it today (my other Vita/PS TV are on 3.60 with Enso)...
    As usual, thank you Sony, for causing more problems to people who purchased titles online, than to people who only download 'backups'.

Last edited by oleg77, Sep 12, 2018
  12. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    Also make sure that you disabled auto download options in settings menu, because even in henkaku there is possibility to fw update sneak...

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you can update to 3.68 directly through the recovery menu by using qcma. you need to modify the update xml iirc. I remember doing it back on 3.18/3.20 to 3.60 before the dns.

14. oleg77

oleg77 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Belgium
    Last edited by oleg77, Sep 12, 2018
  15. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    If the update message opens during startup, deleting id.dat from the root of the memory card on a PC worked for me, but this would probably only work if you are using SD2VITA.

16. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I'm kind of lost here. the new update 3.69 is blocking henkaku?

17. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    yea it patched it.

18. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I'm surprised that I don't found a detailed review about this new update here yet. Good thing I stay with my 3.68

19. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can check TheFl0w twitter, he is not planning to create an exploit for it either.

20. hawkeye10

hawkeye10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Australia

I have tried both ways, but can not sign in properly. Do you know any other ways or new DNS? I could sign up a new account but when I check in the PSN settings, my account email was there but "Not signed in". TIA