final fantasy

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZenZero, Oct 3, 2008.

Oct 3, 2008

final fantasy by ZenZero at 2:32 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    hi, i have never actually played an FF game, what DS 1 is best 2 start wif

2. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    I like'd Final Fanatsy IV the most [​IMG]
    Final Fantasy III haves a too long story [​IMG]

3. Gundam Eclipse

Member Gundam Eclipse True Demon Route

India
    Try FFCC ROF, it has an amazing story......and you will even cry at some parts T_T

4. Sendoh

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    1. If you have played RPGs before and love grinding and customization, you will like FFIII. It's not story-heavy. On the other hand, if you want to play a more story-oriented game, try FFIV, although I wouldn't place too high a hope on the quality of the story.

2. If you like action RPGs/ puzzle solving platforming, go for FFCC: Ring of Fates

3. Like SRPGs? FFTA2 is for you. If you're more of a real-time fan, maybe you should try FFXII: Revenant Wings, minimal knowledge of FFXII is required to play the game.

5. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    FFCC: RoF is a nice one to look at if you're looking for hack and slash-ish stuff, but mostly all of the FF games are turn based RPGs. If you have anything other than a DS, play FFVI first, then work your way up through FFIV, FFIII, then FFVII and so on until XII, if you feel like it.

Personally I'd be ashamed if I was limited to the ones on the DS. But that's just me. Start out with FFIV on the DS. It barely needs too much strategy, less than that of FFIII.

EDIT: Sorry, meant FFVI first. It was personally the first one I started out with, and one of my favorites.

6. CPhantom

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    I've always found VII overrated...try VIII [​IMG]

either of them have decent stories though, haha

7. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Try FFIV and Crystal Chronicles. Don't bother with FFIII as it's rather boring.

8. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    As an overkill FF4 fan you'll find it hard to believe this but I'd recommend strongly FF3 to start. Not only does it cost half as much but the combat is fair and levels up nicely sa you progress in challenge.

FF4 on the DS is slightly broken for a lack of a better descriptive one word. Randomly in each 'area(tower, dungeon, cave)' you get one normal creature that can do ungodly random damage that'll kick your ass as bad as a boss special can. Bosses in this unlike all other FF4 releases now are just scripted crap where you have to follow very strict pattern or you'll each time get hit with some stupid cheap strike that will cripple in one hit, kill in 2 and likely to the entire party as a global attack. That aside it does look and sound a bit nicer, and the story is one of the extremely best of anything branded FF with a number after it...but the gameplay screw ups make it not fun to do after about 1/2 into it and just gets worse with progress.

FF3 is an earlier game, a total remake of a late era NES game but they retweaked the story completely making it much more personable and giving each person on your team a name and a real backstory now. Combat uses a light job system sorta like FF5 and 6 do, but uses around it a traditional leveling up system so it's a weird hybrid. The challenge ramps up fairly through most, but the last 20% of the game gets pretty damn hard so you'll need at a point to just squat, level up, and perhaps do some with many optional dungeons to make it less boring and pick up some cool stuff.

9. ZenZero
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have decided to start with FFCC ROF

10. Absynthe

Member Absynthe GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Quoted for absolute truth. FFVIII is my all-time favourite, play it. And I hated FFCC:RoF btw, when you have control over only one character it's a pretty nice game, but when that other guy is added to your party the game system becomes boring and broken.

11. ZenZero
    OP

United Kingdom
    i only say DS only becuase that is the only console i have flashcard / modded
    and its a bit to l8 to mod my ps2 nd i dont wanna risk wif my wii!.

i am gettin on well with ffcc rof