Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi there,

shot in the dark really, anyone know if there is any game with combat like final fantasy 8, bakugan is ok but its pretty kiddified with shaking the wii mote and stuff, I oike all the stuff from FF 8 like GF graphics chocobo lacks them so is there anything remotley like this on the wii or emulated etc if anyone doesnt know what I mean look at this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhnU3yKeMqg...feature=related

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm...FFXIII does not mean FF8, the roman numeral for 8 are VIII

Anyway, you're looking for one with an ATB gauge so try looking at any and all JRPGs on the Wii.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but the old turn-based stuff has gone out of fashion in recent years, you could try FFIII on SNES9x if you wanted, its a good old game with an ATB gauge.

You'll never find anything exactly like FFVIII (that draw system is pants...playing through it now and having the fun of drawing friggin everything!)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeh I see what you mean, seems that these sort of games on the wii are wither spoilt by stupid mini games or shaking the wiimote as fast as you can I dont wanna get a sweat on playing these games lol, I got alot of games but didnt get a few because of crappy scores from IGN or other sites, but really anything like ff8 bakugan (without the exercise) or some other rpg without mini games

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One JRPG that's getting translated right now that I can think of off the top of my head would be.... Arc Rise Fantasia

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"not really FF" is the understatement of the year. And I apply that statement liberally, from the gameplay mechanics to the story to the pacing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
"not really FF" is the understatement of the year. And I apply that statement liberally, from the gameplay mechanics to the story to the pacing.

By "not really FF" he means it's not Final Fantasy in terms of how it's played. I could say a game is "not really Imagine" simply because it has different gameplay. He's not saying it as a pro or con, he's saying it as a fact.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, and by understatement of the year. I mean it's not at all like final fantasy in terms of how it's played.

And by, thanks for being so informative, one day they'll definitely make you a mod, i'm using sarcasm.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Arc Rise comes out in June, I think. Otherwise, you can wait for The Last Story and Xenoblade (aka Monado), but those are still TBA this year.

so all these games are gonna be in english?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Arc Rise comes out in June, I think. Otherwise, you can wait for The Last Story and Xenoblade (aka Monado), but those are still TBA this year.

so all these games are gonna be in english?

Arc Rise definitely is (by June I mean the US release date) and I'm pretty sure Xenoblade/Monado is going to be in English as well. No word on The Last Story, since we've had very little info on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks