From the ReadMe:

QUOTE said:
Final Fantasy V (GBA) Save Editor
Created by Troy Lundin
Updated on 24 MAR 2011

Region Compatibility: USA
Save State Compatibility: VBA

Currently edits:
1. Most (if not all) character stats and abilities.
2. Inventory.
3. Magic.
4. Time, Steps, Gil.

Todo:
1. Find any missing character stats.
2. Finish Treasure data.
3. Finish Story data.
4. Suggestions from others!

This editor comes with 'Pandora.dll' which must be in the same directory as the editor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 24 MAR 2011 Completely overhauled the UI layout.
Fixed time editing bug.
Added editing of Aquired Jobs.

Version 1.0 25 JAN 2011 Initial Release.

Note about name editing: Only Bartz's name can really be edited. There is a spot in the VBA Save State for the other character's names, though changing them has no effect on the name shown in-game. In Battery saves, there is only a spot for Bartz's name.

Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/gb1sMJPX/FFVa_Save_Editor.html

Please leave comments about bugs or suggestions on how to make the editor better. Also, if you have any addresses I left out, feel free to post them. Still need the checksum algorithm for Battery saves.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Is this intended for a specific version of FF5A (US, EU?) and/or a specific version of VBA? I find it reads my saves incorrectly; inventory, magic, character names, levels, and classes, etc. are all wrong.

EDIT: Indeed, looks like this is designed for the US release. Game saves (not states) appear to be cross-compatible, however, so it can be used on the European release in a roundabout way.

On the bug front, it appears not to read current playtime, leaving it at 0:00 unless you manually edit in your playtime.

EDIT2: It also appears to blank all Black Magic known, perhaps as a side-effect of modifying Blue Magic known.

EDIT3: I've also had it blank my Bard songs while editing Blue Magic. It's easy enough to reinsert them by checking what I have against an old save, but worth mentioning.

EDIT4: Minor spoilers in this one. Additionally, it lacks any handling of whether party members are currently "present" or not. At the beginning of the third world, when your party loses Lenna and Faris, any saves edited at this time will have them reinserted into the party. Presumably this is the same anywhere party members make temporary exits.

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your reply. I will look into this right away.

Some bugs emerge because I work on multiple editors at once. Thanks again for your testing.
biggrin.gif

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the bugs:

I have fixed the time bug. It was quite silly of me, to be honest.

I was not able to reproduce the bugs you were having with magic being erased or overwritten.
I was able to successfully edit both Black and Blue magic spells independently and together without unexpected results.
Also, I was able to successfully edit Songs individually or all at once without negative results.

As for the party member debacle, I don't have a save that is at a point in the game where I can test this. The only saves I have are taken from either the very beginning of the game or ones taken from Gamefaqs.com, with the latter always being at the very end of the game with everything already hacked in. If you could send me a save at a point in the game where a party member switch occurs, I can put the necessary editors into the program.

All in all, you are correct about one thing; this editor was made using a US version of the game. I used the VBA-M (1.8.0 (SVN956)) emulator for the save states.

The new version will most likely be up today. I did a UI overhaul and am checking for any more bugs at the moment.

Grrargle

Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's terrible for me to be digging up such an old topic, but I'd really love it if somebody could upload the file again.

Was playing on gpSP Kai when the damn thing froze; first time I'd been using the program, so I didn't realise it only finalises the save upon exit of gpSP. As a result, I was set back twenty hours. Was just done with all the side-quests before entering the Rift, so I'm pretty gutted.

Would love to be able to just pop together a save file that resembles what I had going, but what with OP's link not being valid anymore, seems like I'm out of luck.

Thanks in advance, and sorry that I'm doing this!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a valid reason to do so then by all means dig things up. Kaleid bundled his editors into a program called isaac ( http://gbatemp.net/t297313-project-isaac ) and although 4shared hosed a lot of things up it is still available on filetrip- http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/tools-utilities/download-isaac-13-f25470.html
It did seem to make it to 1.5 and filetrip only has 1.3 but later versions seem to be code tweaking rather than actual functionality so you should be good.

I do not know about sidequests but I imagine you can power the characters and that will allow you to breeze through the sidequests.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Grrargle

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much for the link; feel kinda stupid for not having found that thread myself.

Having opened the editor though... Seems incredibly daunting. Was hoping I'd just be able to dump myself at a certain point in the story line with some not too awful job levels (Hadn't done the Magic Pots yet, so they'd have made catching up easier, AP-wise) and I'd just push for the end. Having to enter in exact experience points, which chests I've opened, etc. is just way too much for me to think about. Wouldn't want to start playing only for it to give up the ghost later because some values I entered don't match up.

Might just give the game a break for a few months and come back to it; the idea of having to start from such an early point again is just too much to stomach when I turn it back on.

Thanks very much for the help regardless.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
dude i know this is 7 years late, pls can you re-upload this and the 4 and 6 it you still have them

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update on this or a link? I have a bootleg that will only allow ONE save slot to exist. Would be awesome if I could use a save editor to get my OG save from my cart when I was a kid, clear the slots except my last save and use it on my bootleg. I'd hate to play on my legit cart and alter my save data. Call me a nostalgic POS, but I want it preserved exactly how I left it. Right at the end before the fight with Enuo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1