Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes I was I have 2 lol

Lucky for you! I don't know where mine went . I'll check it again later. DX

Been playing this for hours already and I'm lovin' it. Hugely grateful to the translation team. C: Wish I could play it with Vita because my PSP's x button seems to be stuck and my PSP's volume goes on and off. (つд⊂)

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Lucky for you! I don't know where mine went . I'll check it again later. DX

Been playing this for hours already and I'm lovin' it. Hugely grateful to the translation team. C: Wish I could play it with Vita because my PSP's x button seems to be stuck and my PSP's volume goes on and off. (つд⊂)
You should look for psp reassembly guide on youtube, open it up and fix it by hand. seems like minor problems that can be fixed manually. (I reassembled my Samsung Galaxy S2 back in the day. from scratch. just followed the guide)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Not trying to jinx it but efforts should be made towards setting up custom online servers for this game.
Otherwise it will be dead just like online in most DS games, and already PSP games are closing up gradually (Grand Knights Historia for example).
I can see Square easily killing the online off in this thing just as the PS4 version is published (which will have its online killed eventually, but the difference is preserving that one would be much harder)

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to jinx it but efforts should be made towards setting up custom online servers for this game.
Otherwise it will be dead just like online in most DS games, and already PSP games are closing up gradually (Grand Knights Historia for example).
I can see Square easily killing the online off in this thing just as the PS4 version is published (which will have its online killed eventually, but the difference is preserving that one would be much harder)
Not unless Coldbird shuts down BTW :P
But he has a wife now so who knows but she is a gamer too :lol:

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm actually making some headway into the game. I'm currently in the Imperial City between missions, and I somehow managed to work the Pheonix Down. Btw, the description seems to be translated wrong, as the description says it revives a single party member, but when I finally managed to use it when both of my AI party members were downed, it revived both of them at once. I was also lucky enough to have a Pheonix Pinion to cast Reraise on my main so he'd survive the one-hit KO with Nimbus when making your way to the prototype.

As for online, I don't see myself using it, as my Wi-Fi signal is terrible due to the router being in a separate building from mine (we live in a trailer, but I live in a guest house that the previous owners, who are family members, had built), and the last time I tried X-Link Kai, it for some reason required a specific Wi-Fi adapter, and I couldn't use the built-in one I had in my laptop

EDIT: I just remembered, how do you use the costumes from the demo reward? I haven't seen any option in either the Start menus or the Relic menu to switch costumes.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Crystal> Equip> Press R or L on the desired character

That seems...surprisingly simple, and now I'm kinda kicking myself for not having figured that out on my own.

EDIT again: Ok, so I'm going to Red Crystal > Equip and pressing L/R, but I'm not seeing anything different. Am I supposed to activate the "unlock all costumes" cheat as well?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for those lazy people who want to get to lv 99 fast, I edited the BASE EXP MULTIPLIER cheat that was already out [credit goes to the original creator,don't know who that is but thanks] so now you can get lv 99 when u gain 1 lv. But again this is for those who don't want to train and waste time leveling up.

The original cheat
_C1 BASE EXP MULTIPLIER x16
_L 0x200DE480 0x00068100

my edited 1

_C1 BASE EXP MULTIPLIER x99
_L 0x200DE480 0x00068640

PLEASE NOTE

Just to warn you use this cheat when spare in the ARENA. You should save when u are there. The cheat does act up from time to time & will make the character go to lv 4 with 9999999 exp so active it before you agree to spare then after u use a magic attack or attack go to Temp AR and turn it off [u can use cwcheat but I prefer Temp Ar]. You have to time it so you get to lv 99 if not u go to lv 4. If that does happen use the original cheat to gain exp again and try again. If it doesn't work, go to title screen & try again until it works. I manage to test it out and got mostly every1 to lv 99 besides Jack [just tested didn't keep the lv 99]. But like I said u have to time it just right to make the cheat work properly.

garache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all i just wanted to give my thanks to everyone that worked on this translation and my congratulations for the excellent job.

One question: i know this isn´t the final patch, mainly because the patch was scheduled to be released mid August or something. Do i have to go through the same process everytime a new patch is released? Or in other case, download another iso with the patch already merged?

Thanks!

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really glad this patch got released because SE decided to pull a dick move and release this game on PS4 and Xboxone and not psvita.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using mono framework. The patcher seems to be compiled to .NET bytecode.
I have mono-gac with wine and that's what makes me go "the hell"? I'll try to run it with just mono and see if it runs any better, the entire patch file is gzipped I know that much but beyond that I couldn't tell, I'm glad you could tell me what's going on with the thing as all i could get was a reflection error from wine and I am not yet used to looking at the files in ghex to see if they're mono-based I generally use wine to tell me.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mono-gac with wine and that's what makes me go "the hell"? I'll try to run it with just mono and see if it runs any better, the entire patch file is gzipped I know that much but beyond that I couldn't tell, I'm glad you could tell me what's going on with the thing as all i could get was a reflection error from wine and I am not yet used to looking at the files in ghex to see if they're mono-based I generally use wine to tell me.
You could try the other patcher it works in Xp so maybe not sure if it will work

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try the other patcher it works in Xp so maybe not sure if it will work
I saw no other patcher on the site, this patcher is using dotnet I don't know which probably 4.0 and sadly mono doesn't even complain that it's _missing_ that function call, it lists ~20 features that aren't implemented so it won't run at all, where's the other patcher program at?

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about VirtualBox? Desperate methods to desperate situations, they say.
I could but I'd rather not go into a full windows xp install just to patch the thing, especially since I don't see why the patcher couldn't be like other programs. Where you drop the file on it and it uses that as input and does it's thing, or could be done by the command line by piping the input in, and it knows where the other file is/its name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9