Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I imagined last time. I never thought that they can even surpass 2k lines!

Even if I want to help bcoz of I have lots of free time, I can't translate even a single line of japanese. So thank you very much guys for doing a lot of hardwork!

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
To Sky: I would like to ask if you are going to replace the chapter title images in the game like the "Raise the Vermillion Banner" image without the kanji letters on it? Because I like the kanji written on it so I prefer not to replace it anymore. And the title menu like the load game,mission list etc., did you already replaced it?

And one more question, what font style did you use in the Crimson Codex? Will you use it also in the battle hud or NPC dialogues, etc.? Bcoz I like the font..hehe! :lol: ;)

Attachments

• [IMG].png
    [IMG].png
    3.7 KB · Views: 326
  • [IMG](01).png
    [IMG](01).png
    2.3 KB · Views: 330

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its 12AM and I want to sleep but here is the picture that I thought would prove useful. Mind you I edited two into one to show the game's data showing that it is the merged ISO and the second one showing that it isn't a screenshot or a movie playing. Anyways night people.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 553

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Sky: I would like to ask if you are going to replace the chapter title images in the game like the "Raise the Vermillion Banner" image without the kanji letters on it? Because I like the kanji written on it so I prefer not to replace it anymore. And the title menu like the load game,mission list etc., did you already replaced it?

And one more question, what font style did you use in the Crimson Codex? Will you use it also in the battle hud or NPC dialogues, etc.? Bcoz I like the font..hehe! :lol: ;)

To my knowledge, we haven't touched the chapter title cards, and we don't intend to. Since those cards already have perfectly readable, grammatically correct english on them, and they don't need editing, we're leaving them as-is.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, team!

Edit: Holy shit, 60%...

Good thing I'm taking some quiet, uneventful time off soon, so I can spend a few solid days editing.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually they have been slightly modified. Mostly swapping kanjis and English words so English appear bigger (and kanjis smaller). I actually like the idea of leaving kanjis there, it makes the game more... Japanese (while being understandable). besides, this is the approach we have taken in most graphics (menus, newly extracted icons, etc...), so yeah, most images are already edited.

Also yeah, the game only uses 3 fonts, and the one in the CC is the same for COMM messages, NPC text and battle HUD. (I don't remember its name, maybe another team member does)

mushra:

Thanks man, Type-0 on the Vita for the win!

~Sky

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they have been slightly modified. Mostly swapping kanjis and English words so English appear bigger (and kanjis smaller). I actually like the idea of leaving kanjis there, it makes the game more... Japanese (while being understandable). besides, this is the approach we have taken in most graphics (menus, newly extracted icons, etc...), so yeah, most images are already edited.

Also yeah, the game only uses 3 fonts, and the one in the CC is the same for COMM messages, NPC text and battle HUD. (I don't remember its name, maybe another team member does)

mushra:

~Sky

Oh, that's right! The edited version looks so natural that I forgot that we'd edited it!

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember if it was core the one who edited those chapter titles, but yeah, the do feel so natural... Original graphics usually use both kanji and English, editing them keeping that style (just swapping sizes and positions) feels about right IMO.

~Sky

Reactions: Mirby

Yiabal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be playable on ppsspp_win? or Should I start looking into procuring a Pandora Battery for my PSP-1000 and learn how to get it set up to play? I also noticed someone playing it on Vita. I have a vita.. but I'm not sure I understand this method. Can someone provide more information on this? I've never hacked any system, but SE is leaving us no choice with type 0!

I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to Sky and company. I can't begin to say how much I appreciate what you guys are doing. THANK YOU!

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait. You're so good at editing things you sometimes forget that you've edited them because they look so good? XD

Haha! I wish, but I'm not the one who does the image editing. That's split between 3 or 4 of us, so I don't know who worked those in particular.

But whoever it was, :bow:

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country

mushra:

~Sky

Wow, so can you upload a screenshot of the modified chapter title card?

Btw, I have a suggestion:

I saw there in the bottom of that pic that the left and right keys are missing, and the words are overlapped. If you can edit again the text there in CC, I suggest that you use "Rotate Left/Right" instead of "Rotate Left and Right", so that it will fit more and also save spacing. I suggest also to change "Change clothes" to "Costumes", and "Change camera" to "Zoom-in/out".

If you don't want to edit then, it's okay. :)

p08u.png

And also, is this your title menu layout?

244611-zero-t.jpg

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
More news! Original graphic editor GuardianSoul just took care of newly extracted images. There are only 10 png's left in the entire game to be edited. We'll have to think about a good way to edit those 10, since they are textures, each one with reusable kanjis. But hey, that makes 95% of images translated! ^^

~Sky

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work, guys. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this!

I'd suggest "Uniform" instead of "Costume."
That got me thinking about something. I'd neat if we could mod the character models the same way dissidia models were modded. I'd love to see Aqua's model modded over Queen's.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent work, guys. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this!

I'd suggest "Uniform" instead of "Costume."
I also agree for that word but it is only applicable for Class Zero characters on the Crimson Codex. How about the swimwear attire of Emina and Kazusa? So I guess the word "Outfits" is also applicable and save a little bit spacing compared to "Costumes". But it's up to the team. :lol: ;)

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my previous post yesterday. I would like to suggest to replace the "Change Page" to "Next Page". I'm sure no more words will overlap to another. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone