Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it's quiet in HERE, it's a GOOD THING. Because you know they're probably working on the game instead of messing around on a message board anyway. And based on their posted results and videos, you just know that they aren't sitting on their butts when they aren't talking here. Unlike other projects out there who never update or are dragging along for YEARS, these guys aren't like that. they get results. Just like the guy who heads up Absolute Zero Translations. You WANT them to be quiet here. That's a good thing. :lol:

Reactions: darkmanwe4ever

Adams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... we're gonna end up uploading the main scenario to a public spreadsheet... Or at least part of it lol ^^"

Sky,

I have received a lot of responses to this and some people are less helpful than others, but I have actually found more Japanese speakers willing to help through this. I only give out 24 lines to each person and I look over their translations before committing them myself.

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

Adams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11/10/13 week ending report on Sunday (United States time)
This week's top translators:
1.Adam with 80 lines
2.Hakurou with 58 lines
2 of 9 Translators were active
Adam's team translated 326 lines
464 of 1000 weekly goal
980 of 4000 monthly goal
Approx lines of Japanese left: 22706 of 34549
Completed this week: 1.3%
Completed: 34.3%
Completion projection base on this week: 12.5 months

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky,

I have received a lot of responses to this and some people are less helpful than others, but I have actually found more Japanese speakers willing to help through this. I only give out 24 lines to each person and I look over their translations before committing them myself.

Actually Team Maverick One has its share of public translation files in Google Drive, that anyone can edit... though IDK if that truly works...

Zorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe you could have two sections or files in google drive:
1) Files for translation
- To speed up the translation

2) Files for review
- To ensure the quality of the final product

Reactions: Kalker3

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have some good news after all:

Yesterday I decoded the text encoding descriptor so now I can configure the game's text encoding to optimize memory usage, specifying what part of the font is 1 byte, and what part is 2 byte.
By default, the game uses the hiragana section, so hiras take 1 byte each, and the rest of the font is always 2 bytes. This wastes a lot of memory since each latin character take 2 bytes, and after translating the game, all text should only have latin characters.

Now I can tell the game to decode latin characters as 1 byte, without having to edit the font, reducing the text data size to the half. This should be enough to make the game run always OK, regardless on the Crimson Codex size ;)

~Sky

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky can you help me unpack yellow.pkg?
I've tried with
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
And many other tools but no success so far, i'd like to see the files and maybe do edits for fun.

Gracias de antemano =) Perdon por lo fuera de lugar de la pregunta, pero quien mejor para contestarla? xD

Well, that deppends on what version of the game you'd like to unpack. Noesis should work with the original yellow.pkg file, found in th euntouched game image.
As for the merged files, I changed the packaging format to merge both discs and we don't have any tools to unpack that (only to repack from the original extracted yellow.pkg).

~Sky

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have some good news after all:

Yesterday I decoded the text encoding descriptor so now I can configure the game's text encoding to optimize memory usage, specifying what part of the font is 1 byte, and what part is 2 byte.
By default, the game uses the hiragana section, so hiras take 1 byte each, and the rest of the font is always 2 bytes. This wastes a lot of memory since each latin character take 2 bytes, and after translating the game, all text should only have latin characters.

Now I can tell the game to decode latin characters as 1 byte, without having to edit the font, reducing the text data size to the half. This should be enough to make the game run always OK, regardless on the Crimson Codex size ;)

~Sky

That sounds good. So hopefully that will allow the J-E translation not to be forcibly truncated due to space limitations (that was a concern when I was looking at some of the lines last week).

D

Deleted User

You guys who are impatient should wait like i do:

pic_0018.bmp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1