Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay. When the project is over do you mind me asking about this again? The idea of fans doing a fan dub or even just dubbing it for yourself to play around would be really awesome.

Spargakun

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey would anyone be able to point me towards any quick code translation tutorials? i think i've got code --> english pretty much down but still struggling with code --> japanese

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry if really late to the party, but if i got this right, there is actually going to be an english translation on this game?
if so...WEEEE *screams like a little girl* xD

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, Thank you for undertaking this project, everyone. If I didn't watch it myself I wouldn't believe squenix's actions towards this game. It is a game I wish to truly enjoy, and unfortunately I don't speak/read enough Japanese to play the game with any understanding, let alone a full one.

Now, I have a question.. would it be possible, once the translation is complete, that a patch be made for the merged iso and one made for the separate isos?
I ask because of recent developments with the PS3, where a decent number of PSP games are now able to be "emulated" as minis on any ps3 with CFW 4.20+
However with this method we need the biggest possible official eboot to sort of... copy the layout of? For our "custom" games.
That means, basically, that PS3 users are currently limited to whatever the biggest official PSN PSP game is, as far as size goes. That has so far seemed to be Type0 Disc 1, so anything much larger than that won't be able to be played. I won't "thank you in advance" because I always felt that was a passive aggressive way to say "You're gonna do it, right?!"
But I will thank you for your consideration, and time, at least.

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw when u guys say dub do u mean changing the voice actors(cuz i think u should just sub it)?
They are. Sky just mention it would be easy for someone to dub or fan dub it if they wish. It's not gonna be part of their patch. Since I was the only one asking about it I'm gonna wait for them to release the english patch before bringing it up again because interest in it is pretty low. So don't worry about it. ^_^

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hah, well I feel stupid. I didn't have the time to read the whole thing first... so, apologies.
Thanks for joining just so you could point that out to me, Subevil.

I'm aware of the current state of the PS3 scene, and the recent PSP emulation development. However, as far as i know, Type-0 does not work on the PSP emulator inside the PS3. There are almost weekly advances in the field and this can change in any moment. If Type-0 is finally supported, with playable compatibility, I WILL release 2 patches, one per UMD, since it would actually worth it ;)

~Sky

Reactions: BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of the current state of the PS3 scene, and the recent PSP emulation development. However, as far as i know, Type-0 does not work on the PSP emulator inside the PS3. There are almost weekly advances in the field and this can change in any moment. If Type-0 is finally supported, with playable compatibility, I WILL release 2 patches, one per UMD, since it would actually worth it ;)

~Sky

Well initially it wasn't working on the Ps3 psp emulator because I'm guessing most of the people who tried it used the PSN Zeus pkgs/eboots to convert to iso and back to eboot... which for some reason doesn't work. (ED : also, at the time the emulation started we didn't know that resigning eboots could help) It does work now though. Got it working by resigning the eboot to work without OPNSSMP.BIN and using the UMD isos instead of the converted PSN isos.

sharkraiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

~Sky

Its working! type 0 is working for PS3, yesterday i finished disc1 now i started disc2.But i don't understand a fu*ing word from the game.You can download from <snip>.

PaladinX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello! I just found this topic and I'm really excited about it! I was wondering how long is this going to take. And keep going I am really looking forward to this project to be completed. Greatly appreciated :D Also do we have to buy the UMD for this to work? Im confused

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys give more details about the compatibility and performance? Does it run smooth with no glitches? maybe glitched shadows or some slowdowns?

Thanks.

Btw if it's 100% playable yeah, expect a 2 discs release ;).

~Sky

esmjanus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested the game and I confirm that it works :), I made the conversion with PSP2PS3 1.7.4b mod by aldostools.
The game runs very well with some minor slowdowns (but maybe that is normal, I haven't played the game on PSP :P), I didn't notice any kind of glitches, but I didn't play for much time(about 15 minutes).

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

sharkraiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can you guys give more details about the compatibility and performance? Does it run smooth with no glitches? maybe glitched shadows or some slowdowns?

Thanks.

Btw if it's 100% playable yeah, expect a 2 discs release ;).

~Sky

Its working 100% but minor slowdowns only when many enemies in one place but its okay is totally playable.Im on Disc2 but i not play any further because can't understand shit from the game.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of in the same boat as them, while I got it working I didn't play it all that much.
I forced my way through Pokemon Emerald in Japanese, so it shouldn't be too difficult... I'll get back to you when I beat everything :)

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tested the game and I confirm that it works :), I made the conversion with PSP2PS3 1.7.4b mod by aldostools.
The game runs very well with some minor slowdowns (but maybe that is normal, I haven't played the game on PSP :P), I didn't notice any kind of glitches, but I didn't play for much time(about 15 minutes).

Awsome, glad to hear all that. Expect a 2-patch version for PS3 (or PSP) as a strecht goal. Also, can you tell me the firmware your PS3 is running? Thanks:

~Sky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong