Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! If you're still looking for somebody with huge final fantasy experience then I can help you. I've played almost every game with "Final Fantasy" in title, completed type-0 several times and translated some parts of the game.

Hi there Kazusa and thanks for your interest:
We are currently looking for people able to translate from Japanese to English text files like the one shown in the OP. If you think you can actively help, please add me to skype (skybladecloud) so we can talk about this further. Thanks again:

~Sky

Simia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you all realize that i meant no disrespect by offering my suggestion. My intent wasn't to appear impatient or ungrateful. Just thought it would help address a problem that the team was experiencing and help you all to be able to enjoy all of your hard work that much quicker.

So, thank you for all the hard work, will try and filter any future ideas a little better, and looking forward to playing!

Reactions: joegoku

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's more likely, that they will do a sequel, then HD-Port the Original. For me it would be enough if the sequel goes over to the PS Vita.

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this is off topic but I've seen that SkyBlade's avatar has Rush from the last remnant, so I have this question...Sky, you a fan of that game? I never picked it up but I just saw it today for like $8 dollars and I was wondering if you recommended it.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can say something to this too. I think 8 Bucks are ok for this game, but the Battle-System is unique, as well as the Equip system. I liked the Story and the Game in a whole. If u can, get a Demo version and try it for urself. As unique as the Battle-System is u have to grow to like it (that's how it was for me). Sometimes Battles are a bit unfair and u have to improve ur group ALOT. Demo is ur best option but 8 Dollars seems quite ok^^ I paid about 40 € for this as it was released. Good price

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can say something to this too. I think 8 Bucks are ok for this game, but the Battle-System is unique, as well as the Equip system. I liked the Story and the Game in a whole. If u can, get a Demo version and try it for urself. As unique as the Battle-System is u have to grow to like it (that's how it was for me). Sometimes Battles are a bit unfair and u have to improve ur group ALOT. Demo is ur best option but 8 Dollars seems quite ok^^ I paid about 40 € for this as it was released. Good price

Right, that's all I would have to say, basically xD.

About the project, I hope I can give a video update once the file we are working on is completely translated.

~Sky

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for going off topic a little bit there but thank you both for your replies! I'll just go pick it up :D
I don't see it much in stores now so I'll just go for it. From what you guys tell me, it's not a bad price at all.

as for the project, I can't wait for the video update. They excite me!

Thanks again.

rei09

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I actually posted last month, but if you still need translators, I'd like to help.

You should contact sky. Here is the quoted post regarding additional translators.

Indeed, not only the project is huge, but also the team is pretty small right now. That's why I'd like to invite capable translators with enough free time and will to help translate the game. Basically:

-People with good understanding of both Japanese and English, able to perfectly follow the events of the game and think of a good translation (localization) for them.
-People with enough free time to carry out part of the project: translating about 100 Kb of text per month should be enough to fiinish the project in a reasonable span of time.
-(OPTIONAL)People familiarized with the game itself, or other installments of the Final Fantasy saga.

To give an idea of the current state of the project, there are only 2 active translators in the team. The entire main scenario of the game (that is, the story text: cutscenes, NPC's, etc... Everything but menus) has been perfectly extraced to simple, editable and reinsertable TXT files.
There are 980 TXT files making a total of 3MB's of text.
If you do the maths, you'll find that, as it is right now, the entire project can take more than 2 years. That's why more help is needed.

Anyway, here is an example TXT to be translated:

http://pastebin.com/AGcg0ZNx

It is 180 Kb so it would be ok to do it in almost 2 months.
The translator's job is just edit TXT's like that one, providing a good English localization

Anyway, if someone's interested, please contact me on skype (skybladecloud).
Regards:

Sky.

jasteratz

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys. Really excited about this. I was wondering if you would release a demo sometime in the future or if you'll go directly for a full release. Sorry if you covered this already but i really don't wanna check 41 pages and if you guys said this on the first page then sorry but i'm lazy :P . Thanks again for this effort you guys are doing!

Karusu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi skyblade :) i readed the whole post and i´m really looking forward to what you are doing, i wish i could help but i really dont know munch about encoding or translating japanese D:, but i have come up with an idea, if you need japanese translator you can ask for help in the fansubs (yup anime translators) there are lot of fans of the FF series among them :) so maybe you can add some for your team there just an idea :) wish you luck i will be checking often to see this master piece released on english pd: are you making a full release or releasing the patch as you advance with it? :o since i came here by a youtube video and i saw cutscenes translated and all

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. Really excited about this. I was wondering if you would release a demo sometime in the future or if you'll go directly for a full release. Sorry if you covered this already but i really don't wanna check 41 pages and if you guys said this on the first page then sorry but i'm lazy :P . Thanks again for this effort you guys are doing!
You're gonna have to wait for nearly a year at best (year and a half on average for most completed projects) before a translation comes out. Demo? Sky and the team are going to lay low with those kind of thing I'll bet.

All in all, I suggest coming back at a later date; progress will be slow since they're aiming for a quality translation. Don't worry, you'll have plenty to do until then. ;)

Reactions: Dark Justice X

l0l_cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
>You're gonna have to wait for nearly a year at best (year and a half on average for most completed projects) before a translation comes out.

A year? I though that the biggest part, the Crismon Codec, is already have been translated by another team.

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lots and lots of quality checks, changing dialogues to help them sound like natural English or befitting of a character's own unique speech pattern (i.e. Gilgamesh), changing names slightly to make them look more natural, misc. text, NPC dialogue, IMG editing & reinsertion, item description, in-game radio text, S.O. translation, 2nd playthrough additional texts, and more.

This project only started about 2-3 month ago. Way too soon to call it finished. And even if some sections of the translation is finished, it still needs to go through proofreading to help keep the translation uniform.

And that's not even factoring in the teams' real life activities and bug testing. The team are doing this on their own free time and there will be time where they will be preoccupied with their own life; consequently, the project will definitely slow down here and there. With bug testing, all these editing and reinsertion can cause the game to behave oddly and that's where playtesters come in to report bugs, fatal errors, or crashes to the team to fix them.

Reactions: blocky and KameKun

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
To echo The_Lost_Sabre, there's so much that goes into translating a game, not just having the translated text. Making sure that everything is placed right, looks right, sounds right can take a long time. Beta testing alone can take upwards to 6 months unless all you're doing is beta testing and forgo working/school, food or rest.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was said before, and I said it often enough, even commented on that under the youtubevideo, there is no "Beta"-Release planed till now and what Sky and team said till now is, that they won't release a partial release to keep this down a little, because the release of the Video made a lot of bad publicity. Expect updates but no playable content. I can't read Sky's mind so maybe he has something up his sleeve lol. We'll see, but don't expect much until about one and a half year has passed. As said, the real start just happened and needs alot of time and people.

Saisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, you've probably got a billion of messages like this xD but if you guys need anybody to beta the progress I'd be more than happy to if it was needed at all.

Either way, I've just finished it in Japanese and the work your doing for this is brilliant ;A; you guys are amazing~

mysticdistance

Fan Translator
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this previously on GameFAQs, so here, take a look at some new additions to the project.

Hey, I'm Mystic from the translation team. I wanted to say that we're working hard on bringing Type-0 to Android and iOS and hope to fully port it and the translation this year. So far we've ported some events with new models and hope to finish it soon.

I've waited a while to show this to everyone, so please, tell me, what do you think? Make sure to read the video description for more info. (Sorry for the low quality)

~Mystic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk