Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your missing the point of what I was saying. "patch tool", "patch tool", "patch tool". I know that SkyBladeCloud is not planning to distribute the rom with the patch. The point is under certain copyright laws it is illegal to modify copyright software. Now games fall into that grey area where it could go either way.

That being said and knowing Square Enix's track record on listening to its fans you can bet that they are going to do everything in there power to prevent this "patch tool" from being released.

If they don't well.... I guess there is a first time for everything but I would not hold my breath.

We will deal with that bridge once it becomes a concern...

Oh wait, never mind, we are not doing any modification here. It's all Photoshoped.
We're really good at Photoshop.

Nothing to see here, move along.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O don't worry it will. My advice to the translating people is to stop showing us pictures of the progress. I know that everyone including myself is really excited to see the finish project but "You Know Who" is already or will soon be aware of there progress. Once that occurs without a second though cease-and-desist order will be issued by Square Enix.

O by the way when it comes to just distributing the "patch tool" and nothing else. That won't work either. Please tell me people remember what happen with "Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes".
That was just a patch tool as well and Square got to them as well.

Edit: I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way it just looks kinda hopeless now.

Crimson Echoes wasn't a barebones translation. It was a fangame utilizing the game and being completely reworked via rom hacking as a supposed new installment in the Chrono series, which means it would have been heavily modified and changed into something else entirely.

A base translation however is completely different as it changes nothing but only the fact that it becomes readable. And if it really becomes an issue, we can simply delegate to make a text document that serves as a translation guide. Now if a cease and desist is issued on the basis on reading something that serves to provide comprehension of a plotline then by all means continue this charade.

kaioo

Trophies
XP
Country
Well what it ultimately comes to is that we all want to see this game translated if square enix won't do it, then the fans will. Now lets get back to what this forum is about and that is the progression of this project. I've been following this project since the start and now all this press might jeopardize it i just hope things are kept under secrecy and doesn't call forth the wrath of a cease and desist.

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well guys in my opinion I think Kotaku did a reckless thing by posting that news, however i saw the post and there are fans angry cuz SE won't release this game overseas (including versus 13 even in japan), but i know some of the fans that don't like "piracy" according to them will be haters and post negative feedbacks on the video or just trolling, now that kotaku posted it most of the fans will support or will put hate comments, so my opinion is that i think it's for the best not posting videos for updates, i like the way posting images for the project and how's the process, that's the way to keep it a secret, for now I don't think SE will take hands on this matter since for them it will be like "it's just a fanmade video it doesn't matter" but SE may take this as an issue if more videos are post on YouTube, so well for now in a week or 2 if more updates are not post in videos i think people will be like well "hopes aren't high" and they'll forget about it, and you can work quietly without no disturbing and in secret :), also it will work on a way to release the patch once completed without any other news media should know, since that will carry more problems to the team :/

I support you guys,however i think you should keep this project a secret as possible so you won't be disturb with haters and troll people

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder SE will react on this issue..but sometimes it can be good result...men i wish SE morelike a customer friendly company but now...they release more like sequels too much(um FF13 fiasco)

i wish if they could do on dubbing it or not (for budget control)
i wish they will do same as Aksys or xseed route of (translate menus/subtitles/stories but japanese voice still intact(for PSN release)

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree with you FF13 did had green numbers but not as expected for SE and still they want to release more games as sequel after FF XIII-2 was a total fail in west and not to much profits for the company than the first one and still they want more, I mean what the hell is going on? now that the rumor of Vs 13 going to be released in the next gen consoles, which it's gonna be a total fail again,
cuz first one: next gen consoles are gonna have more deep graphics, and they have to spend moreee time improving vs 13 graphics, and they are gonna lose their money,
second one: lightning returns won't be release on time before next gen consoles released these holidays, which the game won't be sold as expected for them.
third one: fans will be soo dissapointing with SE for those 2 first reasons, besides the fact that PS4 will be $428

to be honest Sony it's losing to many profits and now with the PS4 which for sure the first models will fail, they are gonna lose wayyy more money, i won't buy a PS4 at that price, i mean it was unfair with the PSVITA not having all the applications and was a total fail which the price went so down and now they are kinda cheap, but the winner for the losers price is SE for a wretched organized team :/

ishin

Sarig
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like it's been said before, if SE does take notice and decides to act they'll have to come up with some news regarding their own localized version >_>. Unless they shut down a project 'just because they want to' which doesn't do them any good image wise.

So if in the end people try to deliver a service which obviously has a high demand, but isn't being met by the original producer I don't think anyone should complain.

Besides this topic was meant to be about translations and the coding of FF-type 0 , not about wether the upcoming generation of consoles and handhelds are doing fine. ~_~ // Just my thoughts on this to be honest..//

In any case, the video posted by skybladecloud is amazing :)

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
where can i find translation progress about the project? i mean the front page suggest it is hacked and the video show that translation is ongoing but is not mention at the front page? is the progress suppose to be secret or what?

ishin

Sarig
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is no progress counter, Skybladecloud released a video to show the progress being made. The group is using different means of communication right now and will probably update in due time. Also, besides the current publicity due to news articles on kotaku and other sites, the group decided early on that they'd rather release the finished project in one go than to make a public spectacle of it.

That said, that's just how I interpreted their earlier posts :)

Chestnut Bowl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this project is around! I noticed you guys already have about 4-5 translators, but I'd like to help if you need more hands. I've translated manga and light novels before (and translated from English to Japanese as well). I'm confident in my translation ability.

The Kotaku reporter said he contacted SE for comment on the project. I'm actually looking forward to hearing their response, and maybe even get an official word on why they canceled Type-0's localization. I'm not worried about them shutting anything down, though, as they've never shut down a project strictly devoted to translation, to my knowledge.

Reactions: jordyboardy

shakespearerules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swapped with a friend for a copy of this game while I was in Japan, but I quickly realized that I couldn't play it with my kanji dictionary open in my lap while on the train to and from class every day. Just a little too much motion sickness for me, lol. (And being able to sit down was such a rare occurrence on my route.)

I don't know how many translators you have/need, but I'm quite competent with Japanese. I'd be happy to give any help you might need.

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Like it's been said before, if SE does take notice and decides to act they'll have to come up with some news regarding their own localized version >_>. Unless they shut down a project 'just because they want to' which doesn't do them any good image wise.

So if in the end people try to deliver a service which obviously has a high demand, but isn't being met by the original producer I don't think anyone should complain.

Besides this topic was meant to be about translations and the coding of FF-type 0 , not about wether the upcoming generation of consoles and handhelds are doing fine. ~_~ // Just my thoughts on this to be honest..//

In any case, the video posted by skybladecloud is amazing :)

SE won't take care of this, since it's only one video, they'll just ignore it that was my point, however what I meant also is that, they can keep this project a secret, cuz a lot of troll people and Piracy haters which will ruin the team's work, i mean it's not the first time this happens, a lot of projects have been canceled cuz of those people, the Digimon RE: digitize translator team are having a hard time cuz of that, and some of programmers and translators quit for that reason and some personal reasons also(work,school etc..), this team is doing fine on keep this as a secret :) they can work with no hard times and maybe they'll finish the translation in one month or 2 depending on how much time it will take :)

c'mon guys :D the suzaku kingdom depends on you lol!

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
so some moron posted that video on a site that will probably result in someone from SE seeing it.

which is bad

this could spell the end

thought i should mention it in case there's some damage control that can be done

i'm not exaggerating either; there's a very good chance that someone at SENA will see the video.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so some moron posted that video on a site that will probably result in someone from SE seeing it.

which is bad

this could spell the end

thought i should mention it in case there's some damage control that can be done

i'm not exaggerating either; there's a very good chance that someone at SENA will see the video.

I'm not even gonna bother... Yep... Yeah... Nope.
I'm going back to bed.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

which is bad

this could spell the end

1st mistake: Sky isn't a moron. And if he is a moron then I must be really stupid because his knowledge as a programmer has my head spinning in circles. Mirby pls

2nd mistake: Square's regional branches lack communication with each other and especially evident when the JP branch calls the shots, and the fact Square doesn't care about it's fanbase since it looks at it's consumers as mere numbers and spends more time engrained in the social and mobile markets. I mean if you actually took the time to research Square Enix as a company you may draw similar conclusions, but let's be honest you probably are too lazy to involve yourself in that and much less care.

3rd mistake: Way back when Square NA was "surprised" there was any support or demand for Type 0. Says a LOT if you ask me.

POMPOUS statement: Mother 3 and FFV SNES were pretty cool.

So I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say.

Reactions: joegoku

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just worried, that's all.

Perhaps I overreacted a tad bit, but I tend to do that from time to time.

Thanks for giving me a proper response though. :3

also, I do care and I'm not too lazy to look into it. I just jumped the gun a bit, that's all. Let's not resort to personal attacks though, eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...