Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ohh.... Sky, um.... CWcheat?
Um... Will we be able to play it even if it isn't a merged version?
I mean, Disc 1 only contains The First & Last Chapter of the game. Disc 2, is the disc where you'll play most.
So in the future release, are we able to patch each disc?(not the merged version).
Well, I;m not really into CWcheats, Something inside me is resisting to not use it.

Yes, that can be done, but as I said, the other possibility would be add a button combinations to swap CD's. I also had and idea today: Redirect the data install meny entry to the new game, so disc swapping wouldn't be necessary (I think, IDK if there is any other difference between both discs).

Thanks for your work Sky, downloading now! I have a question for you. I don't want to be rude or ungrateful. It's just curiosity: why not to extract part of the text first and then reinsert things in the meanwhile that translators work?
I repeat, it's just curosity, don't blame me guys :)

I just wanted to go doing only 1 think at a time, my idea was -> high level packaged images, then story text, then misc text, then rest of the images. Doing two things at the same time would be possible but I wanted to do everything the safe way lol.

Reactions: ShinobiMuramasa

GuardianSoul

Translator
Trophies
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The merged ISO is working for me. Disc changing works, videos load up, no problems so far! For those using a Prometheus patched ISO, you'll need to delete prometheus.prx, EBOOT.OLD and peagasus.prx as well (located in the SYSDIR folder).

As for the disc images:
index.php
index.php

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

PureMagic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, seems to be some emulator glitch (now it has no sound, in the PSP it works alright but I could have sworn it used to play ok in the emulator too...) anyway... moving on...

EDIT: Well, I was right in the very end (after being wrong a lot of times lol): Even though the ISO bigger than 2 GB can boot, the PSP wont access any zone beyond the 2 GB limit (in our case, these are UMD1 videos), it won't freeze or anything, will just skip these videos so.... UPLOADING OPTIMIZED VERSION (it was a good idea to make it after all ^_^)

What firmware did you use to test this? Because...
Vshctrl: isoreader.c fixed offset signess issue. This will allow ISO bigger than
2147483647 bytes
That's from the SVN revision 7a5173f97348 of procfw.
So it should be working on Pro-C...
I wouldn't mind the optimized merged version, but I really dislike the idea of re-compressing the videos...

Anyway, how does the PSN version of Reishiki works?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I make all my test in a 6.60 ME-1.8 I could also try that one, but I'm not very happy limiting the game to a specific firmware... :/

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
6.60-1.8 is the latest version anyways. If some people are scared updating the firmware and losing the saves, there is a little tool to repair the saves called MagicSave. It's an ingame Plugin and works like a charm (tried it on the 3rd Birthday and Crisis Core). So no worries about that. There are Tuts out there as well. If u have questions, just ask me. With that CFW u can even start the normal FW (6.60) by pressing the home button while start up. If u have props with ur old CFW just think about upgrading to 6.60-1.8

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.60-1.8 is the latest version anyways. If some people are scared updating the firmware and losing the saves, there is a little tool to repair the saves called MagicSave. It's an ingame Plugin and works like a charm (tried it on the 3rd Birthday and Crisis Core). So no worries about that. There are Tuts out there as well. If u have questions, just ask me. With that CFW u can even start the normal FW (6.60) by pressing the home button while start up. If u have props with ur old CFW just think about upgrading to 6.60-1.8

Well, for me I didn't even know there was a newer CFW than 6.60 Pro-B10 Perm install. So there's people who don't know about the new CFW, and then there's those who don't want to/can't figure out how to install new CFW. I know, step by step guides make things REALLY easy, but I know people who get lost even using those.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If u allready have a CFW try to use Hell Cat's Recovery tool (there are tuts out there as well). shouldn't be the prob. But I think there are update tools as well so no need to reflash it with the tool.

Edit: Here is the update for getting a PSP with CFW to the latest 6.60 ME-1.8
Update to CFW 6.60 ME-1.8
From 4.01M33 -> OK
From 5.00M33 -> OK
From 5.50GEN -> OK(may need to edit version.txt)
From 5.50Prometheus -> OK(may need to edit version.txt)
From 6.20TN-D -> OK
From 6.37ME -> Error
From 6.38ME -> OK
From 6.39ME -> OK
From 6.20PRO-B4 -> Error
From 6.35PRO-B4 -> Error
From 6.20PRO-B5 -> OK
From 6.35PRO-B5 -> OK
From 6.39PRO-B6 -> OK
There is a readme inside that shows how it's done. If u don't have the right version for the update, update to a version that fit's the creteria.

If u have no CFW at all here is the version for OFW's
OFW to CFW

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ME firmware shouldn't become a standard as many, many people prefer PRO, in part because it's more widely documented, in part because it doesn't have a changelog full of bugfixes, and also because if the online server (and of course Coldbird's candour)

There's no real motivation for anyone on PRO-C (or PRO-B10 if you don't use the Multiplayer server) to switch to ME 1.8, nor should anyone really be recommended to. If for some reason this won't work on PRO firmware then you'll create many unhappy people.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But to say that, it's based on Dark_Alexes work and it is normal to have some "bugs" with an older firmware. I didn't swich over till the end as well and I can't say there is anything that doesn't work for me with this CFW.
And by the way, Sky said it some posts ago, he doesn't aim to let it only work on "his" cfw. I just wanted to give a solution to solve that problem, if needed for the time being. U can allways go back with Hellcats Recovery Flasher, one of the best tools out there. But let us stop here, I don't want to spam this thread with this anymore then already happend. Gomen nasai ;)

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SkyBladeCloud, I'm just wondering, I've been to your site, and I can't work out where you have uploaded the patch files :blink:. This is one of the last games for PSP I wanted to play, but with SE shelving it, I wasn't happy. Is it possible you could post a link to just the patch files?

Cheers

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SkyBladeCloud, I'm just wondering, I've been to your site, and I can't work out where you have uploaded the patch files :blink:. This is one of the last games for PSP I wanted to play, but with SE shelving it, I wasn't happy. Is it possible you could post a link to just the patch files?

Cheers

Sec, I'm still posting everything xD.

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is going to be a step by step on how to apply the patch after its completion? Like what tools would be needed and such. I've got the original game and I know how to get the ISO images from it but that's about it XD

Also Sky, is the merged ISO something that everyone is gonna end up doing for the patch to work or is it something for the people working on the translation only?

I'm 6.60 PROB10 am I good to go? My ISOs play perfect on it.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The merged ISO is something anyone can have, even if they wanna keep the game in Japanese. I will try to have a multidisc patch for the translation too, but the project itself will be done using the merged one, as it will be much easier that way.

In fact, here is everything to create the merged ISO:

http://skybladecloud.wordpress.com/projects/type-0-iso-merging/

Also, any firmware should be OK.

~Sky

Reactions: ShinobiMuramasa

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is going to be a step by step on how to apply the patch after its completion? Like what tools would be needed and such. I've got the original game and I know how to get the ISO images from it but that's about it XD

Also Sky, is the merged ISO something that everyone is gonna end up doing for the patch to work or is it something for the people working on the translation only?

I'm 6.60 PROB10 am I good to go? My ISOs play perfect on it.

I tried the MI on Pro-B9, you'll be fine.

When the translation is complete if all goes well a patch would ideally come with a text document giving proper instructions.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Sky, I only get to the main page for mediafire if I use ur link :/

Edit: never mind, now it works^^
Edit2: It works for me. But to trigger it u have to either start a savegame with disc two or u go into an menue that changes the screen (Options or Data install for example). Is it intended like that? But I think it couldn't work otherwise, because the cheat needs to be triggered like that, right?

Limecqt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanting to say to every single person involved in this project you are all now hero's to me and my friends XD been learning japanese for a year and a half just to play this game, and thanks for each and every one of you.

Kyle_Zan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Can i ask about the translation progress? I mean the english translation percentage? Or are the menus the only things translated...

Anyway thanks for this awesome project!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag