Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SilverBlades

lvl 1
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No offence, but that's Google Translate level translation, and probably doesn't really help much.

Also, are the proof-readers adopting a more natural approach to the translation? (as in abbreviating words by use of apostrophe's where it's suitable - eg. "He is" to "He's") Having everything translated formally makes character speech seem a little stilted an unnatural.

OK-OK. I will simply watch this thread.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence, but that's Google Translate level translation, and probably doesn't really help much.

Also, are the proof-readers adopting a more natural approach to the translation? (as in abbreviating words by use of apostrophe's where it's suitable - eg. "He is" to "He's") Having everything translated formally makes character speech seem a little stilted an unnatural.
We're still working out what style we want to achieve. I prefer less interpretation of the original text, and instead just making it read smoothly. But we've done so little relative to the amount of text in the game that it won't take long to go back through and touch up some passages.

I'm open to a more contemporary style. It seems like that's how most of Class 0 speaks anyway.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick note. Instead of using "empire" in ... for example "empire soldier", wouldn't it wound better "Imperial"? I think we had this discussion already, I just don't remember what word we where using before "empire".

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick note. Instead of using "empire" in ... for example "empire soldier", wouldn't it wound better "Imperial"? I think we had this discussion already, I just don't remember what word we where using before "empire".

Obviously yes...Imperial is used as an adjective to describe something. So Imperial Soldier would be defined as "Soldier of the Empire" if you broke down what it actually means.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again everyone! :) It's 1:33 AM and I'm not asleep, so here's today's stupid question.

I was reading over the topic more thoroughly, and there was some discussion about the multiplayer aspect of Type-0, and what would happen to it with the merged ISO.

So here's my question: will we still be able to access multiplayer mode off the merged ISO or no? If there was a clear answer, I must've skimmed past it on accident.

Thank you all so much for what you're doing. Have a great day!!!

No content will be unaccessible from the merged ISO.

Reactions: SandyFarron

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I'll do another pass on the text so far to make sure we're adhering to that.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I got myself a 4 GB MS and I'm trying how would a non-optimized version do... So yeah, I'm messing around with the 2 GB PSP ISO limit. If it does not work, all there is to do is fix the install list of the optimized version (at least it does not chash anymore xD).

EDIT: Just realized you were talking about text lol. No, so far I haven't started working on that one.

Hakurou

雪に覆われた森に眠る白狼
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, currently working on the next batch of translations. About the empire thing, had a feeling I should've used Imperial lol

Hakurou

雪に覆われた森に眠る白狼
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, a question about contractions, wouldn't it be okay to not use them when the characters are speaking formally?

Sorry for double post.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started reading through the first batch, i ended up updating my pc to windows 8 and it deleted EVERYTHING on my computer, which sucks so much. I cant access the internet on it yet but once I do Ill check out the updates

*OFF-TOPIC* Why would you update your machine to Windows 8...I hope it's a touch capable device. XD. Actually on of my test laptop that I added a touch screen is running Windows 8. It's a "Meh" for me...

Xx_Kares_xX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really cool that this was discovered and I really hope a fan translation does get done (or Square DOES stop being stupid and just translate it themselves... a proffesional team could get it done within a few weeks and they wouldn't even have production costs because they could release it as a download only title but what the hell ever). Anyway, I skimmed through some of the earlier comments and as much as I'm looking forward to a translation, please.. for the love of GOD don't fan dub it... fan dubs are the easiest way to ruin just about any project anywhere.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
U should read the whole, then u would know, that they don't dub it. It would take far more people for this anyways. This is no Anime and I never heard someone fandubbed a Game (I could be wrong here, but I never heard myself that people do this). It is a subbing projekt. Japanese original voice, english text (I don't know if sky translates it into spanish himself but the main project will be english sub). So no worries here. Square won't do anything like translating because they have no team available cause of other games like FF XIV: ARR, FF XIII: Lightning Returns, FF Versus XIII and FF X HD.

Sry to tell this by myself not being in the team myself, but I thought I just answer this one^^

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Square is supposedly sitting on a localized script and has shelved Type 0 due to marketing reasons. So whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1