Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Ziggi_Strife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I found GBATemp very useful so i created an account ! Now i can support you guys too !! Cant wait to play this game ! youre doing great guys and galz !!!

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks solid, I wasn't able to skim the whole thread (way too much for too little time lol) but is there anything you guys are currently looking for, help-wise? (You seem to have the hacking down and I don't know crap about PSP hacking anyway so there's not much I can do, but...)

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're always open to experienced, dedicated translators.

But that's about it right now. We're good on everything else. Thanks for your interest!

And while I'm at it, here's a small, vague status update: We're still moving forward at a steady pace. Things are going well. :)

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm a coder? do I need to know any programming lang?....and how come you stopped assisting them,if may I ask?

Not too sure on the coding aspects. Sorry.
I was helping them proofread for errors and I just kind of stopped because of school. But I'm free now, so I could do whatever. :P

Kurly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are the heroes that we need.​
CatSuperhero.jpg
May this cat be a symbol of our collective appreciation for your valiant efforts in this project.​

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Type 0 a no show at E3 nor was it at the Future of FF conference. Was oddly not asked about during the Q and A session. Later on it was asked about(for Vita) and the response was the focus for X/X-2 HD dodging the question entirely.

Just a heads up.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow thats not nice......why? are they not thinking they will make any profit by releasing it outside?

Marketing reasons and I guess it isn't financially beneficial for them at this time. I think it's effectively shelved if you didn't believe so before. They will probably hope the XV hype will drown it out and you'll forget about it entirely.

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Marketing reasons and I guess it isn't financially beneficial for them at this time. I think it's effectively shelved if you didn't believe so before. They will probably hope the XV hype will drown it out and you'll forget about it entirely.

Faith in humanity regressed T.T

l0l_cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, how far the translation has reached? I expect it to reach quite far, because the hardest part (Crismon Codec) of the game has already been translated even before the project has been started.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, how far the translation has reached? I expect it to reach quite far, because the hardest part (Crismon Codec) of the game has already been translated even before the project has been started.

They have to go through it after all, there could be translation errors. And the crimson codex may be a mass of words, but doesn't make the rest faster. It's alot of peoples talk that have to be translated, and since it's and RPG u can imagine that people talk ALOT. At least half a year I'd say, since they are progressing well, as I know, but thats good thinking. It's alot of work and there is something, thats called reallife, too. Don't underestimate that.
So maybe it will take a year or so. The translation is a quality project after all. I can't say something official though, cause I am not directly involved with the translation project, just informing people here and there about those things, but some pages ago, there was a Video update, that did show, how the translation will look like (a little part was translated there)

MrAyzarC_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh wow thats not nice......why? are they not thinking they will make any profit by releasing it outside?

As far as i remember one reason for them not to localize it outside of Japan was because of the Theme song [Source].
If i got it correctly than the label of the band that made the theme song wont allow it to be localized outside Japan.

Reactions: joegoku

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On the otherhand, if a song is THAT important then we could have the reason here, because, for a fact, there never was a japanese sung song in the US/EU versions of FF, that means they would have to redo the song anyways and maybe they couldn't come up with anything that fit's the singing of THAT character. Another thing that could be, the band couldn't sing english well (like in FF IX, the song Melodies of Life was sung by the same person in japanese and english, and she sings well in english)

Edit: Same ofc with FF X-2 (e.g. 1000 Words)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small