Gaming Final Fantasy or Zelda-esque games

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm tired of playing shooters, recommend me some (J)RPGs or action-adventure games!

I've already played and beat Lost Odyssey and Vesperia; both were pretty fun. What else is there? I'm more interested in obscure, underrated games. Even games on the original XBOX that are compatible with 360.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really comment much as all I've really played so far since getting my 360 is Fallout 3. I've had it 4 weeks and haven't gotten bored yet. I can't say it fits what you're looking for any better than Oblivion, though, after all it's "Oblivion with guns" or so they say and very much a w-rpg. It also can get a bit fps-ish in combat but using the VATS system (combat pauses and you get to choose where to aim until you run out of action points) keeps it from feeling too much like one.

I see you also mention original X-box... not much on the j-rpg front there that I am aware of, but if you can expand out to w-rpgs there's always the KotOR series. Zelda type games... maybe Fable. I didn't really play enough of it to recommend it or not but it feels a little similar in what little I did play. Of course there's also a sequel out now for 360 that's gotten good reviews, but I haven't played it and I don't know how close it is to what you're looking for.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
Well, its not out yet but Star Ocean: The Last Hope is good.

Yep, I already have the release date marked down for Star Ocean. Hopefully it'll be better than their last collaboration with Square-Enix.

Also..

QUOTE(Hachibei @ Dec 27 2008, 09:26 PM) I'm more interested in obscure, underrated games.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GamerzInc said:
Infinite Undiscovery and Eternal Sonata.

Yeah, after reading a few reviews for Eternal Sonata, that's probably the one I'm gonna get.

Also, how does Mass Effect compare to Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones