Final Fantasy IX CwCheats

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by blueskies, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009

Final Fantasy IX CwCheats by blueskies at 12:31 AM (3,589 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. blueskies
    OP

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So, I want to finish FF9, but really get bothered with random battles. I want to use CwCheat to shut off random battles, but have powerful characters so I can breeze through the bosses. Here's my problem. I use the level 99 cheat and all items, but when I equip Zidane with Ultima Weapon, his attacks get so weak!. Before cheats, around level 25, he can do ~500 damage, but at level 99 and with ultima weapon, he does around 50. If someone else has used these cheats before, or wants to give them a try, maybe they can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong. The other characters get a little stronger, especially Vivi's magic, but physical attacks suck.

What's weird is at one point, I had it set up where Zidane could do 9999 damage, everyone was hella strong, but Dagger's skills were copies of Zidane's, ie no Wt Magic or summons. So I restarted on my good save, and now I can't get that again.

Sorry for the strange specific question, but I had to ask.

//never mind, figured something out and finished the game tonight.. finally I can delete this off my psp and never play it again!

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    May i enquire what you 'figured out'?

3. blueskies
    OP

United States
    I leveled to 99, used the 'max stats' cheats and just kept the same weapons I had. after a few fights Zidane and Steiner were hitting 9999 everytime, same with Vivi's spells. I don't know why having the highest weapons lowered attack.. probably just some glitch w/ the cheats.

Good game at the end though, the last disc was very very short, but packed with all those loose ends that needed to be tied up.

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Don't tell me you're at Ipsen's Castle?

5. blueskies
    OP

United States
    Well I finished it, so no not at Ipsen anymore. I was in this castle when I was trying all these cheats though. Main lobby with that moogle.