Rebellion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The game slows down drastically during battles.... horrible framerate, and is noticeable. Is this happening to anyone else, and/or do you know why? I have a slot-2 supercard lite + superkey, if that helps.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha.

if you didnt know... supercard is pathetic at its gba support. It is due to the slow RAM on the card itself...

So the BEST way to do it is use the QPC - quick power cycle method - The Prefetch patch

Patch the rom, and in order to save, you boot it up again in GBA mode - go to the save and save.

look more here

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SupercardGBASlowdowns

i suffer from Supercard Lite too... haha

when you save be sure to boot into GBA mode directly - or else the save might not be there - take out the superkey - just mess around and you'll find out

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was some discussion about this in the release thread. People with a keener eye than mine say there is a noticeable drop in frame rate for the battles. Not lag from a slow card, but an intentional drop in frame rate. Personally, if it's there, it hasn't bothered me much.

I've been running it since release on an R4 with two different microSD cards, and there was no difference in speed. Out of curiosity, I'll probably load it on my SC Lite and a slow microSD just to see if there's a difference. (Can't do it till tonight though)

There are some gameplay videos on youtube. Maybe you could check those out and see if your battles are slower than the video. If they are slower, perhaps there is an issue with your microSD, or with the SC Lite in general.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People with a keener eye than mine say there is a noticeable drop in frame rate for the battles.
Really? I thought it was extremely noticeable to everyone..
unsure.gif

Don't worry Dr4G0nZ, the slowdown in battles are normal and intentional just as Szyslak said.
It bothered me alot at first, but I've gotten used to it overtime.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People with a keener eye than mine say there is a noticeable drop in frame rate for the battles.

Really? I thought it was extremely noticeable to everyone..
unsure.gif

Don't worry Dr4G0nZ, the slowdown in battles are normal and intentional just as Szyslak said.
It bothered me alot at first, but I've gotten used to it overtime.
What can I say GameDragon? I have an old brain.
wink.gif
I didn't notice it until others (.TakaM) pointed it out to me, and even knowing it's there, it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I just have lower expectations.

Or maybe, and hear me out on this, maybe my brain is so far advanced, that I can magically smooth out the framerate during my visual processing. You know, create the missing frames and insert them on the fly. That sounds good right? Right?
blink.gif

I think it's time for my nap.

I really will test it out on the SC Lite tonight just for gits and shiggles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse