Gaming Final Fantasy IV (EUR) differences?

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried FFIV the European version and it seems a lot easier and a lot faster than the US version, the Mist Dragon at the start only takes off 1hp per hit, and the speech is skippable faster by just jabbing 'A'.

Also there's a 'Bomb Ring' and the music seems clearer than the US version, it does seem a lot easier though, maybe they dumbed it down a bit for EUR players not used to hardcore RPG's.
unsure.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying the EUR version possibly is like the 'easy type' FF as far as challenge goes as how the old US cart copy of the game was but worse?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
bomb ring was in US too... wasn't that the one u bring to the Summoner village and it blows everything to bits?
dunno bout clearer music...
but if the game is easier or not I dunno... I'm getting wasted by normal monsters pretty often... Atleast one or two deaths on characters... I lose on Malboro so easy...

It's the hardest FF of ff1,2,3,4,5,6,7... Monsters get to attack much more often that u when u get to later of the game... It's so damn balanced.... U can't play it the same as u did on FF1&2 Dawn of Souls with casting mass buffs on ur friends, cause some are only castable on one char, and they dissapear quickly. and u actually fail casting buffs sometimes too...
Some bosses require u to come up with a tactic to kick their ass...For example, there was a Boss in the Land of the Summons, dont remember her name.. she casts life, curaga, protect on herself VERY often... and once u attack her she does 1400 dmg... and ur chars only have like 1200 and some 900 at that time... with only 4 chars (yeah i went in when i lost kain) so i came up with the tactic that I cast reflect on the Boss so I got the protect, life and curaga... then I cast blink on my healer, Rosa... This way I could never lose.. And then I made sure I only attacked once so I could be safe to revive atleast one char which could attack and Rosa would have blink on her the whole time... It also cost a few Ethers... And once reflect wore off the boss healed herself like 3000 hp.. so I had to be quick to cast reflect again...
smile.gif
maybe not the best tactic but I beat her this way...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm not all keen on using the spoiler mask so I'll say this much. In reference to that boss you were speaking of you must have gone in at some ungodly low level. In all the times I've finished that game only the first time I ever did it I came even slightly near having much of a problem, and I still beat that one down using only brute force whittling tactics ove rlike 45min.
wink.gif
Since then it's been using a certain spell and then it's an easy lights out. That whole strategy you got going there is overcomplicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day