Final Fantasy Gaiden (DS) trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First gameplay footage for the upcoming DS RPG Final Fantasy Gaiden 4 Warriors of Light-

EDIT- battle footage

From this, the game looks pretty nice. The game looks almost cel shaded and the environments are very detailed and have unique styles. The game also appears to have a dynamic day and night cycle like the recently released Dragon Quest IX. That's rather rare for DS games besides the Dragon Quest series. But you will notice one clear flaw- the fog. That's a short draw distance for you. You barely walk a few feet before the environment behind you "dematerializes" before your eyes. The fog also doesn't look very good. Other games don't have this issues, or at least have a much farther distance that this happens. I guess that's why they went with a circular world style like Animal Crossing, but it still doesn't hide the flaw. Still looks pretty despite this though.

I don't think there's any sound here, but it's nice to finally see some footage! Looks pretty nice IMHO. Looking forward to it.
yaynds.gif

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=88844

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like all you do is run around but the artwork looks really good and no lag everything runs good looking forward to this game if there are actual battles not just running aroung.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are battles. We've seen them in scans. This is just field gameplay. Overall, this reminds me of two games- 7th Dragon (another DS RPG which was mostly 2D) and Animal Crossing (only due to the way the world looks like it's turning as you move down the screen. Should be decent at least. Matrix is developing it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
granville said:
There are battles. We've seen them in scans. This is just field gameplay. Overall, this reminds me of two games- 7th Dragon (another DS RPG which was mostly 2D) and Animal Crossing (only due to the way the world looks like it's turning as you move down the screen. Should be decent at least. Matrix is developing it.
After I saw this game in motion the first things, that came in my mind was 7th Dragon. I think it looks really beautiful and I also like how the world spins with the camera (like in Animal Crossing). The only thing lacking in this little video is music... And that is crucial for a good trailer!!!!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess you can blame me for that trailer claim. I saw the link on GoNintendo as "trailer" but really, this is just video footage. Trailers are usually promotional and have a lot of hype to them. This is not. If it bothers anyone, please feel free to ask a mod to change the title, but at least we have our first video now.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are there people who think the development team of companies such as Square Enix are comprised of 5 people who can only work on one game at a time?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, when I first saw the artwork in the screenshots, my reaction was "Ugh" but it actually isn't as bad as I thought. Wish the vid had sound though.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally preferring this to XIII anyways :[

I like the style, but uuuuggggghhhhh, fog rendering is the worst.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jiggah said:
Gives me an Animal Cross vibe. Also, did they just do a dual tech/magic in the battle video?

this gave me a little chrono happiness!
biggrin.gif

I love combo attacks in turnbased rpgs
biggrin.gif

I'm exited, yes I am, and I wish to the gods and demons that it won't have any DSi exclusive content (like a job / class only available by sending mail to other people with PHOTOS from the DSi, or something)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: