Final Fantasy Gaiden (DS) trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jul 10, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    First gameplay footage for the upcoming DS RPG Final Fantasy Gaiden 4 Warriors of Light-

EDIT- battle footage

From this, the game looks pretty nice. The game looks almost cel shaded and the environments are very detailed and have unique styles. The game also appears to have a dynamic day and night cycle like the recently released Dragon Quest IX. That's rather rare for DS games besides the Dragon Quest series. But you will notice one clear flaw- the fog. That's a short draw distance for you. You barely walk a few feet before the environment behind you "dematerializes" before your eyes. The fog also doesn't look very good. Other games don't have this issues, or at least have a much farther distance that this happens. I guess that's why they went with a circular world style like Animal Crossing, but it still doesn't hide the flaw. Still looks pretty despite this though.

I don't think there's any sound here, but it's nice to finally see some footage! Looks pretty nice IMHO. Looking forward to it. [​IMG]

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=88844

2. Santee

Santee Jalapeño

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    Conneticut
    Looks like all you do is run around but the artwork looks really good and no lag everything runs good looking forward to this game if there are actual battles not just running aroung.

3. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    There are battles. We've seen them in scans. This is just field gameplay. Overall, this reminds me of two games- 7th Dragon (another DS RPG which was mostly 2D) and Animal Crossing (only due to the way the world looks like it's turning as you move down the screen. Should be decent at least. Matrix is developing it.

4. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    After I saw this game in motion the first things, that came in my mind was 7th Dragon. I think it looks really beautiful and I also like how the world spins with the camera (like in Animal Crossing). The only thing lacking in this little video is music... And that is crucial for a good trailer!!!!

5. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Well I guess you can blame me for that trailer claim. I saw the link on GoNintendo as "trailer" but really, this is just video footage. Trailers are usually promotional and have a lot of hype to them. This is not. If it bothers anyone, please feel free to ask a mod to change the title, but at least we have our first video now.

6. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    CAN THEY JUST GET FFXIII OUT THE DOOR FIRST INSTEAD OF SPENDING ALL THEIR TIME ON 20 DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

7. DemonicChocobo

DemonicChocobo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2008
    United States
    Why are there people who think the development team of companies such as Square Enix are comprised of 5 people who can only work on one game at a time? [​IMG]

Anyway, when I first saw the artwork in the screenshots, my reaction was "Ugh" but it actually isn't as bad as I thought. Wish the vid had sound though.

8. Triforce

Triforce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2005
    London
  9. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I just added that battle video to the top post. I didn't notice it because I didn't know the videos came from that site.

10. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I'm personally preferring this to XIII anyways :[

I like the style, but uuuuggggghhhhh, fog rendering is the worst.

11. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    [​IMG]

I didn't even know about this game.....YAY!!

I like what I see, a lot! Looks like a turn based battle, my favorite type of RPG....

12. Maktub

Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    Málaga
    Not bad, not bad! I like how the wind moves the grass.

13. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Wow, the camera work in the battle-scene is really nice. I like how it moves behind them.

This game is going to be very great [​IMG] (hopefully)

14. anaxs

anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    your moms jeans pocket
    looks pretty sick but could be better

15. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    looks neat. should be decent. but then again, pretty much anything made by squeenix is lol

16. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Gives me an Animal Cross vibe. Also, did they just do a dual tech/magic in the battle video?

17. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    it seems the most good looking thing for me is the camera... graphics are great and so is the battle, good work SE
    forget about 13, i saw it way back and they are not planning to release it when ppl expect it to be

18. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    this gave me a little chrono happiness! [​IMG]
    I love combo attacks in turnbased rpgs [​IMG]
    I'm exited, yes I am, and I wish to the gods and demons that it won't have any DSi exclusive content (like a job / class only available by sending mail to other people with PHOTOS from the DSi, or something)

19. 2short

2short GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2003
    in the northern cold...
    finally, no more remakes, time for something just a little bit new! looks good so far, am digging the art direction and music. any news on when this is out?

20. nicky041192

nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2008
    UK
    nice. thanks for the vids.