Gaming Final Fantasy Explorers announced for 3DS

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
This is perfect for me. I find MH interesting but I've always said to myself how I'd be much more interested if there was an FF mythos to it. Fighting summons as well is something that has crossed my mind.

12 was a turn based rpg... it was hidden but it was still turn based nonetheless
No. Menu based yes. But not turned based. In fact FF's ATB system isn't even strictly turned based.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This reminds me a lot to Crystal Chronicles games from DS, and I really hope it's like those games,
I'd buy it in an instant.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more kiddy 4 heroes and default like while micro and sony get the grown up stuff. I dig that.
Nintendo makes "family consoles" so this really the kind of stuff you should expect. Also, believe it or not, things dont have to be gritty and realistic to be for "grown ups"

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no one does anything to the story of XII, it all just happens around you lol

Anyways, this looks interesting. Im down to give it a try. I never played CC, but this, maybe.

Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time were great games if you ever want to give CC a try.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vaan does literally nothing to the story of XII
its all Ashe
Dont know why Vaan is the MC

Vaan wasn't originally the main character, they added him because they thought that the younger audience couldn't connect to an older main character. So they tried to fit their demographic: young and male.

Then they made FFXIII a few years later with a somewhat older (aka not 14) female protagonist so...?

Anyway this looks fun I guess, smells like Crystal Chronicles. If any of my friends grab it I might as well.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this doesn't mean they considered the VI remake for Android to be a serious release and will eventually do a proper 3D remake of the fucking game... I was hoping they would announce it this year. Meh.

Yeah, I was saddened that the 6 release on android was just a slightly-higher-res SNES port of the game... So glad I pirated it before buying... Saved 15 bucks.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really surprised by how many people call games monster hunter clones that are not monster hunter clones or even in the same genre.

I'm aware of that, it's just that I don't know what else to call games like Ragnarok Odyssey and so on.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm aware of that, it's just that I don't know what else to call games like Ragnarok Odyssey and so on.

The official name for them is action RPG but I would go ahead and say that Monster Hunter developed a original genre for itself, a "strategic Hack&Slash".
That being said I can rarely apply the term "Strategic H&S" to most supposed monster hunter clones.
Sure, Ragnarok Odyssey looks like a monster hunter clone but it plays more like a dungeon crawler, like Phantasy Star Online/Portable where you choose a dungeon, fighting a lot of small mobs and eventually reaching the final room where the boss waits for you. Also you don't really need to plan ahead any of your moves or equipment. At least that I can tell after the Demo.
Up until now only God eater and Toukiden felt and played like real monster hunter clones to me. Games like Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles (which this game probably will be similar to) won't fall under this category despite being in the same genre.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE