HyoImowano

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have thought someone would have started a project for this game by now, I would do it myself but I don't know any Japanese nor much of anything about ROM hacking.
huh.gif

mattyb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd vote 100% for this project and if I knew anything about how translation works or knew more than basic japanese then i'd undertake it.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FFTA2 - Because release date is TBA.

FFCCRF - Not really sure why you would spend time translating this one, the release date is Q2 2008. By the time someone full translates the game, it would probably be close to release, unless we had a full team of fluent japanese translators and editors that like tedious work.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translations are only worth while if an official English translation is not coming. Otherwise, you are just really impatient.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i'm really intrested in CC too and it should be much less time consuming than FFTA2, since it has much less complexity in gameplay and is more story driven.

maybe we talk about it after ppl at FFTA2 translation team get their work at a appropriate level.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How would it be less time consuming? There's way more text inside CC, since it's story driven. It's more or less the same.

And the fact there's text for every NPC.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
today i took like 70 pix from menus and story of CC but i thought that ppl dont have time to do them, so i didnt upload 'em, but the pix are still in my camera if they want to do any stuff.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
ok, we'll do in couple of days.
but i still think its better be start off when FFTA2 project is done at some point so more ppl can focus on it.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would love a CC translation, Its one of my most played multiplayer games right now. A story translation would be nice, but a complete menu translation would be even better =).

I would help, but I have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese. Just basic common sense
tongue.gif

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FFTA2 - Because release date is TBA.

FFCCRF - Not really sure why you would spend time translating this one, the release date is Q2 2008. By the time someone full translates the game, it would probably be close to release, unless we had a full team of fluent japanese translators and editors that like tedious work.

Listen to this guy, none of you truly realise the amount of work involved. Not only is there a HUGE amount to translate in any FF title but there are also many considerations - such as fitting the text in the areas provided for Japanese.

This could take longer than the official one. It's a nice idea but unrealistic.

With FF3 we had the battle scenes translated early - this would be nice, and a far more achievable target...

D

Deleted User

I'm not going to do start a new project like this after FFTA2 is finished. The reason why I've worked on the FFTA2 translation is because we had a lot of japanese speaking people to help, and I wanted to experience rom hacking a big game with a time constraint. It was challenging and fun, but there's not really much interest to do another one. On the other hand, now I'm knowing a lot about squareenix home library for the ds, so I could answer some questions from any guy interested in rom hacking this game. But a FF game is not the place to start rom hacking, so unless someone experienced joins the project....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol