Hacking Filetrip cannot host Gateway 3DS files anymore

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but Gateway will die first. Just look at the legal state it is in, it is a mess.

Even if 3DS Link only lasts a little bit longer, it is enough to have more compatibility in the long run.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let me point out a couple of typographical errors that shouldn't be here if this were a real legal letter:

"I am authorised to act on behalf Nintendo"
Behalf Nintendo? Really? Should read "Behalf OF Nintendo"

"remove or disable access to the Infringing Materials listed at the URLs below and in order to prevent further legal actions against your company."
There shouldn't be an "and" here in this sentence.

Does anyone think a respectable and REAL legal firm would have typos like this?
Now maybe that sentence structure makes sense somewhere outside of the US, but if it does I'm not aware.

How come the admin didn't catch these grammar mistakes? Now, let's wait until he checks the thread again.

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, just looking at it from a controversial point of view.

I seriously believe that 3DS Link will end up on top.

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway will end up like R4; it will be shut down due to the legal mess getting too much for them. Nintendo never bothered with later teams like Acekard.

3DS Link is still standing strong, that's all the evidence I need.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come the admin didn't catch these grammar mistakes? Now, let's wait until he checks the thread again.

Did Costello get trolled with a fake DMCA notice from a fake law firm, or is Costello trolling us? If the head admin of this website is trolling us, then he certainly did a good job at it. :P We want to see the entire email unedited with nothing censored.

Reactions: TheCasketMan

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I smell BS on the claim. Who wrote the letter, the admin from Engrish.com? :creep:
To be fair, apart from a few small typos (that shouldn't be in a legal letter, I agree on that) it's great English and certainly leagues better than the 3DS Link website. IMO if it was written by those guys there would have been much much more typos. Unless they hired someone to do it for them, but then why not hire that person to fix the website and make it readable?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a shame. It went from about 300~ downloads, 900 views and due to being on the GW3DS website those numbers were tripled. There are new sources on the GW3DS site for downloading the launcher.dat. (We're aware a new filetrip link is on there and have messaged the GW3DS team to get it taken off.)

In other GW3DS related news the beta is supposed to be out "soon". No one knows how soon "soon" is though.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Serious question now. If DMCA is US thing and this site is not hosted there, why can't you just ignore it?
I found that country borders fade more and more on the internet. The USA can pass laws that affect the whole of internet, even for servers not hosted in the USA.
Also look how the Belgian Anti-Piracy Foundation is going after so many things that has nothing to do with Belgium.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded a mirror of the Gateway files to SendSpace when their first link got taken down and some people commented on my YouTube video review of the Gateway asking for links. I just checked and it's still there. So I also have my doubts if this is a real takedown... SendSpace will take files down at even the slightest flinch from DMCA rights holders, so if it's still THERE, I highly doubt it's actually Nintendo trying to take the files down.

Plus, it doesn't really concern them at the moment anyway - since most people will have updated their 3DSes.

Reactions: IronClouds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place