Hacking File transfer with EZ flash 3in1

starstremr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use the ez flash 3in1 ram expansion for file transfer? where you can store fileso n it and transfer it from r4 to r4 ?

starstremr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know you can dump a gba game to it so i was hoping some one had made some homebrew that would do that so oh well thanks any way

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeeell, it's possible, but it's a VERY roundabout method. It would involve using a PC as well, so it's not a direct R4->3in1->R4. It would be more like PC->R4->3in1->R4->PC->R4.

On the PC, create a Pogoshell compilation with the files you want, up to 32 MB. Put the compiled "flashme.gba" file on your R4's microSD card and flash it to the 3in1's NOR. On the other R4, dump it using GBAldr, then transfer it to a computer and use the "extractFS" program to extract the contents of the Pogoshell compilation. Then do what you want with the individual files, put them on the R4, whatever.

I could go into more detail if you'd like, but I doubt you want to go through all this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1