Hacking File corruption with USB drive plugged in

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where this belongs, but as this seems to have become the unofficial USB Loader board, I figured I'd post it here. I've been using FCEU GX and snes9x GX lately, and I've noticed some file corruption. Occasionally my saved game directory will become corrupt in one way or another, either becoming completely corrupt so I need to format the device, or giving a code dump when I try to load the save. The trend I've noticed is that this only happens if I have my USB hard drive plugged in when I do this. It happens on both my USB flash drive as well as my SD card, but again, only when I have my external hard drive plugged in. Does this make any sense? What would cause this? Is there the potential for this problem to pop up in other areas, such as using the Homebrew Browser to download applications? Or even the USB loaders themselves when downloading cover art to the SD card? Or is this all a complete coincidence?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if its related to your problem, but isn't there some sort of bug with the cios for the usb loader that doesn't let multiple usb devices work at the same time? I think it at least doesn't let the usb loader work with wii speak/lan adapters and such. Again, not sure if that's whats causing your problems, but if it is you probably would have to wait for a fix for that, or just don't have multiple things plugged in at once.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I understand that bug, but there are two issues...

1- I'm not using the USB Loader when these errors occur. I'm using a different piece of homebrew (FCEU GX, an NES emulator)
2- It happens even if I just have the USB drive plugged in and am writing files to my SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls