Hacking Figuring Out Which YSMenu I Have

siutyourself

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I own a GEi flashcart (http://ge.ndsi.in). Recently, I've had problems playing the US release of Pokemon Conquest because of the AP. I tried patching the ROM but to no avail. So I ended with my last resort - wait for the GEi folks to update the firmware. They did. However, it still cannot run Pokemon Conquest. So I looked for alternatives and stumbled upon YSMenu. Problem is, I didn't know anything about it so I researched a bit. I found out that the GEi isn't a complete R4 clone and was a bit hesitant to try to use YSMenu. A few days ago, I found this amazing link for a download for YSMenu for GEi. I replaced my firmware for it and it worked. I was happy as fuck. My only question is, can anybody help me try and figure out which version of YSMenu the one I found is using so that I can update it accordingly? I wanted to keep YSMenu as it is more constantly supported and it's just plain better than the original firmware of GEi.

I'll upload the files in this so-called YSMenu for GEi if needed.

I figured it will be needed at some point so I took the liberty to upload it. Clickie

siutyourself

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you used this one

http://gbatemp.net/topic/267243-retrogamefan-updatesreleases/

GE/i - www.ge.ndsi.in (Use GE_GEi Folder)

Oh. That. Thanks. I only found the other one of Retro's releases on another site (which I believe, lacks the GEi part). Not this one. Thank you very much.

awaseth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have the r4i gold, as seen in r4i.ndsi.in

it is the exact same as the gei i believe beacuse it has the same kernel. Would you mind explaining to me the way to get a YSMenu onto my cart because i read the linked page and its confusing, can u paraphrase it for me or give me instructions on how to get it onto my ds cuz i REALLY want to play pokemon conquest.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have the r4i gold, as seen in r4i.ndsi.in

it is the exact same as the gei i believe beacuse it has the same kernel. Would you mind explaining to me the way to get a YSMenu onto my cart because i read the linked page and its confusing, can u paraphrase it for me or give me instructions on how to get it onto my ds cuz i REALLY want to play pokemon conquest.
  • Download the multicart update
  • place the files inside the "GE_GEi" Folder into the root (root=first directory) of your micro sd
  • boot your card up. It should boot into your flashcart's stock firmware first.
  • from there, load "YSmenu.nds." You should boot into YSmenu.
Note: you have to boot YSmenu.nds every time you turn your system off. Also note that I don't know if it'll really work on your cart.

siutyourself

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, you can make YSMenu run directly instead of going through the original GEi firmware by renaming YSMenu.nds to _MENU_.NDS and the folder TTMEnu to YSMenu. That worked for me. I don't know if it'll work for awaseth's flashcart as I don't know if they're really the same but it did for me.

awaseth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my cart is an acekard clone, so it doesnt have dstt folder system,
these are the foldersand files i have in my root

_system
moonshl
_ds_menu.dat
_ds_mnshl.nds

where should i put the stuff?

last time i tried a prebuilt YSmenu and it ran, but when i tried to play games, it said dldi not supported.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
my cart is an acekard clone, so it doesnt have dstt folder system,
these are the foldersand files i have in my root

_system
moonshl
_ds_menu.dat
_ds_mnshl.nds

where should i put the stuff?

last time i tried a prebuilt YSmenu and it ran, but when i tried to play games, it said dldi not supported.

I have a cart like that too. try renaming YSmenu.nds to _ds_menu.dat and see if it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu