FF7 Advent Children NesDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by James_Wulfe, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

FF7 Advent Children NesDS by James_Wulfe at 5:12 AM (2,186 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. James_Wulfe
    OP

Member James_Wulfe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well i got the FF7 Advent Children Rom for Nes and i can get it to play fine in an emulator on my PC but when i use something like NESDS it crashes on load, any ideas or patches found for this problem?

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I'm working off a months-old memory here, but I believe the mapper is unsupported in nesDS.

3. James_Wulfe
    OP

United States
    Ah well this does explain a lot then as to why it crashes with no error message, would there be another nes emulator for the ds that may do better then the nesds or would I just be SOL.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Probably SoL... Most mappers give very little to the games, but there are a few that actually give additional function... like some physics calculations for pinball games (pinbot and highspeed use this specialty mapper). I'm not even sure what version mapper this FF hack game uses.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    as with vague rant i'm pulling off old memories...

the company that did that "hack" actually coded the game from the group up using a custom mapper.

-another world

6. Vague Rant

Australia
    Although on further thought, I seem to recall that someone made a version of PocketNES (GBA-side NES emulator) which supported it. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Yes, someone made a modified version of PocketNES with support for the FF7 NES mapper and posted it here, but removed it again due to copyright issues. As far as I know the emulator core alone (minus the questionably legal ROM) was not posted anywhere, but you may be able to find the prebuilt ROM somewhere.

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I went back to the PH mod board, found the original links I edited out of that post, and the download link gives some Chinese error message now, and doesn't return a result on Archive.org's wayback machine. Finding the download could be rather tricky.

I don't think he ever posted the modified emulator core anywhere, just the pre-built one, which is why we removed the download link from the post since we were unsure of the legality of the situation.

EDIT: if it helps at all, the filename you're looking for is [NJ063] Final Fantasy VII Â????VII(????).7z

8. Vague Rant

Australia
    Dan, if you found the same link I did, did you try opening it in Internet Explorer? Awful, I know, but if it's the same one I found, then it didn't work in Opera, Firefox or Chrome, but did work in IE6.

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Well then. That would explain why in the mod post I mentioned "being forced to open it in IE" at one point. I am an idiot.

Okay, so the download link is still alive. Probably shouldn't link to it still, due to questionable legality and all.

10. James_Wulfe
    OP

United States
    Thank you all so much, i know this game is far from a FF7 remake and all but being able to play it on a portable system has always been a dream of mine even if it is a bad clone. I will look into all of this and post of my success if any as i do my research. [​IMG]