FF Tactics

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by SalvadorOliveira, Jul 19, 2012.

Jul 19, 2012

FF Tactics by SalvadorOliveira at 4:35 AM (712 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

Newcomer SalvadorOliveira Member

My girlfriend is using an M3DS Real with Quadboot (Sakura as the OS in question).

She's playing FF Tactics A2.

Occasionally, when she finishes a quest, the game will freeze on the black screen between the map screen, and the "view party" screen.

I would like to specifically note: it happens between these two screens, on the black screen. Never before, while she can see the map, and never after, during the team manipulation screen.

It's happened on a few quests (lemme know if the quests are important) and, most notably, it DOESN'T happen on MY cartridge (Ak2i), so I highly doubt it's an issue with the rom. I also don't believe it happened with my old M3DS Real (again, quadboot, Sakura) when I was using that.

I currently have a cut up card holding the cartridge in place, but I'm not sure that's the answer, especially since it only seems to be this game freezing...

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I suggest backing up your microSD card and reformatting with this program
    Using these settings; FORMAT TYPE - FULL (OverWrite) : FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON.
    I also suggest just getting rid of the Quad-Boot and just using Retro's files, since Sakura, Touchpod, and R4i RTS all haven't updated in over a year and I stopped supporting the Quad-Boot months ago, so even the YSM3 bundled with it is grossly out of date.

3. uribemaster

Member uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That specific game has anti piracy protection that makes the game freeze when you're using a flash kart. I think that may be the reason for the freezing. I used to have the same problem. What you need is to activate a cheat that disables that protection. I have it on my r4 i believe that yours should too

4. xijet13

Newcomer xijet13 Member

Spain
    What is the cheat?. Does it work with the European version?. I am having the same problem with "m3sakura" and "ysmenu".