Gaming FF REVENANT WINGS HELP....

arjuna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just recently, started to play FF 12: Revenant Wings. And I'm hooked. I don't get enough rest now because I keep on playing it. But I just got Ramuh as 1 of my espers and yet I can't use him. How do you get to use rank 3 espers? I'm having a hard time fighting stronger yahri, I need 1 rank 3 esper. Is there a special ring or something within the game's story that gets me to use rank 3 espers?

Thanks guys!

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is all from memory, so please bear with me.

Pay attention to the pedestals you put your Espers on when you're in the prep screen. By the time you get your Rank III, you should have them reading from left to right as

I - I - II - II - III

Now, what you need to do is put your Rank III on the far right one. Then you're free to put two Rank II's and two Rank I's with your group. Mind you, you can only have ONE Rank III out at a time regardless of who it is, so do take care.

Basically, the pedestals say "I can go up to THIS rank!" meaning you can actually have a group of five I's even using an I on the III pedestal, or three II's and two I's, etc. Of course, this is because you can only put the displayed rank and lower on it, not the other way around.

arjuna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm....Actually, I do that already.
The thing is when I assign a rank 3, on the rank 3 pedestal when the mission starts the rank 3 esper isn't on the team. I also remember that a green jem, represents, if the esper has a leader on the troupe. When I assign a rank 3 esper it doesn't have a green jem on it.
Why isn't any of my rank 3 espers on the team? Do i have to summon them later on? What if the mission doesn't have those summoning gates, will I be able to summon the rank 3 esper?

I've checked every where and no one mentions on how to summon rank 3 espers but they do mention using rank 3 espers on certain missions.

and by the way i just beat belieas (did i spell that right?) , I also got to enlist him yet I still can't get him to appear on the team.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you can summon them at the start of the mission. Of course, I could be wrong because I've never finished the game.
tongue.gif

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You have to summon Rank IIIs yourself, from my recollection there is no level where you spawn with a Rank III.

You must have enough "space" or affinity to summon any esper. Rank IIIs take up more space. So what you have to do if you don't have enough affinity is UNSUMMON some of the crappy Rank I espers on your team. The other way to get more affinity is to capture more summoning gates. Once you have enough affinity, just click a summoning gate and summon your Rank III.

You can only have one Rank III at a time, but they are worth it. Some of the better Rank III espers can tank hits for your whole army and you can have ranged units sitting back and doing some serious damage. I love spamming magic with Kite.

The only Rank I espers that I still used at the end of the game were just the Bomb and the healing rabbit.

arjuna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, now I get it!
So, you don't spawn with the rank 3 esper then.

Thanks a lot! Knowing is half the battle...

Off to play FF: revenant wings once again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol