Hacking Few questions

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello! I just got a 128gb sdxc kingston card and is there a guide how to format it in the correct way?
Also the same with USB loader gx using usb ext hdd?
Plus do I have to use that double usb cable to get enough power for 2.5 inch drive even if its usb 3.0?
Thanks!

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello! I just got a 128gb sdxc kingston card and is there a guide how to format it in the correct way?
Also the same with USB loader gx using usb ext hdd?
Plus do I have to use that double usb cable to get enough power for 2.5 inch drive even if its usb 3.0?
Thanks!

Okay I successfully formatted both to fat32 now the only question is this:

D

Deleted User

It seem that with some external drive you have to use an Y cable or an external power supply because the WiiU USB port cannot output enought power to make it working well. I've heard about a keystroke that help do disable sleep mode of USB drive but I can't remember where. Probably in this forum. I have no direct link to provide, sorry.

USB2 or 3 the problem is how much power it need I think ^^

Last edited by ,

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It seem that with some external drive you have to use an Y cable or an external power supply because the WiiU USB port cannot output enought power to make it working well. I've heard about a keystroke that help do disable sleep mode of USB drive but I can't remember where. Probably in this forum. I have no direct link to provide, sorry.

USB2 or 3 the problem is how much power it need I think ^^

So how will I know if I need a cable or not? Like if it needs more power does it work just not at full speed or dunno or it just doesnt? :)

Raphaell

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So how will I know if I need a cable or not? Like if it needs more power does it work just not at full speed or dunno or it just doesnt? :)
From personal experience, USB 3.0 Drives just refuse to turn on if not enough power is fed to them through the USB 2.0 port. In these ports, an Y cable is necessary to connect to two USB 2.0 ports simultaneously in order to feed enough power. In Wii U's case, considering it's standard USB 2.0 port, you can assume all USB 3.0 drives will need the Y cable (there could be exceptions, I'm not sure). There are USB 2.0 charging ports that can power an USB 3.0 drive alone, but they are not the case of the Wii U.

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
From personal experience, USB 3.0 Drives just refuse to turn on if not enough power is fed to them through the USB 2.0 port. In these ports, an Y cable is necessary to connect to two USB 2.0 ports simultaneously in order to feed enough power. In Wii U's case, considering it's standard USB 2.0 port, you can assume all USB 3.0 drives will need the Y cable (there could be exceptions, I'm not sure). There are USB 2.0 charging ports that can power an USB 3.0 drive alone, but they are not the case of the Wii U.

Ohh okay thanks.

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

So I read that vWii softmod needs an original game and an SD card not SDHC or XC but does a microSD works with an adapter?

Last edited by Xalyy,

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Two more questions:
1. After modded the vWii do I still need to use the shitty 2gb sdcard or I can swap back to the main one?
2. Is it possible to copy both wii and gamecube games to one ext hdd?

CaptainRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Two more questions:
1. After modded the vWii do I still need to use the shitty 2gb sdcard or I can swap back to the main one?
2. Is it possible to copy both wii and gamecube games to one ext hdd?

Yes and yes. After the initial installing of the home-brew channel and backups you should be able to swap to your SDHC or SDXC cards. You can also have your wii games and gamecube games on the same drive.
I have my wii games on a fat32 drive in a WFBS folder and the GC ones in a Games folder on the same drive.

Last edited by CaptainRex,

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes and yes. After the initial installing of the home-brew channel and backups you should be able to swap to your SDHC or SDXC cards. You can also have your wii games and gamecube games on the same drive.
I have my wii games on a fat32 drive in a WFBS folder and the GC ones in a Games folder on the same drive.

So basicly you dont even have to use these wii backup manager and other thingies? Could you explain please how you done it? Thanks.

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

CaptainRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
When playing wii games only supported controllers for the games work, e.g. nunchuck, wiimote, etc (the game defines whats supported)
When playing GC games with nintendont you can use 360, ps3, ps4, wiiu pro controllers, some logitech ones. There should be a list there isnt there?

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
When playing wii games only supported controllers for the games work, e.g. nunchuck, wiimote, etc (the game defines whats supported)
When playing GC games with nintendont you can use 360, ps3, ps4, wiiu pro controllers, some logitech ones. There should be a list there isnt there?

Yeah I know the GC but wii is different story. So basicly... Classic wii controllers are supported only? Like no wii u pro controller wii u classic pro controller?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like if I want to play with my friends lets say 2 of us, Wii U, Wii, and gc games, I have to get like 10 type of controller?

CaptainRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you want to play for example Mario kart with your friends.
To play on Wii U you need the WiiU Gamepad + pro controller or wiimote per extra player
To play on Wii you need a Wiimote for every player + optional extras (nunchuck)
To play on GC you need a supported controller on list for every player (e.g. Wiimote + Nunchuck or Wiimote + classic controller).

So you don't need 10 types of controllers, but maybe a few addons for the wiimotes

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you want to play for example Mario kart with your friends.
To play on Wii U you need the WiiU Gamepad + pro controller or wiimote per extra player
To play on Wii you need a Wiimote for every player + optional extras (nunchuck)
To play on GC you need a supported controller on list for every player (e.g. Wiimote + Nunchuck or Wiimote + classic controller).

So you don't need 10 types of controllers, but maybe a few addons for the wiimotes

So okay. Lets summarize this is my theory setup.
Wii U gamepad, Wii U pro controller for Wii U side.
Wii 2 Wiimote and what do you mean optional extras? Like if you want to play a game that uses camera controls how are you gonna play that on a single Wiimote? So that isnt gonna be 2 wiimote + 2 nunchuk?
(And do the Wii U remote plus works on Wii? Same for Wiimote?)
GC I have 2 Ps4 controller.

Like its a complete disaster... Atleast at the first time, and I am sorry but this is all new to me. Thanks for your help!

CaptainRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For Wii:
So with your 2 Wiimotes you can play 2 player games that support that controller.
These are games like New super mario bros, wii sports, Mario Kart (look at the back cover's of games and they say the controller types at the top right).

Games you wont be able to play will be ones like Zelda Skywards Sword because it requires a nunchuck.
Some games are easier with a nunchuck or a classic controller (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg) like mario kart.

WiiU remote plus works the same as normal wiimote but I believe there is some issues using those controllers during the softmod process?? Don't take my word on that but just remember something about that? (May of changed with vWii but original wii had issues and had to use a non motion+ controller)

For GC:
You will be able to play 3 player with what you have.
2x Ps4 (via usb cable) and 1x WiiU pro controller.
You will be able to play 4 player once you get a few classic controllers or nunchucks.

Last edited by CaptainRex,
Reactions: Xalyy

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
For Wii:
So with your 2 Wiimotes you can play 2 player games that support that controller.
These are games like New super mario bros, wii sports, Mario Kart (look at the back cover's of games and they say the controller types at the top right).

Games you wont be able to play will be ones like Zelda Skywards Sword because it requires a nunchuck.
Some games are easier with a nunchuck or a classic controller (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg) like mario kart.

WiiU remote plus works the same as normal wiimote but I believe there is some issues using those controllers during the softmod process?? Don't take my word on that but just remember something about that?

For GC:
You will be able to play 3 player with what you have.
2x Ps4 (via usb cable) and 1x WiiU pro controller.
You will be able to play 4 player once you get a few classic controllers or nunchucks.

Okay I just looked up craiglist site in romania, and the seller claims he sells: "Set of Nunchuk controller wii remote with motion plus" it supposed to be new and 30$ what do you think it worth it? I would be 2 of these sets but not sure if I even need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: