Few questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CaptainSodaPop, Jun 10, 2014.

1. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

CaptainSodaPop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I have my 3DS on the latest firmware.I'm planning to buy a 3DS XL with 4.5 firmware.

Is it possible to emulate 7.0.0-13 firmware on 4.5 3DS?

I'm planning to do a system transfer from my old 3DS.Will there be any problems? Will I be able to access MiiVerse? Does system transfer also transfers the current firmware on the other 3DS?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    read emunand topics, there are thousands of posts about it here... specially from people asking about it

last version which is 7.2 doesn't work on emunand, but it does on 7.1 from what i had read

i don't think system transfer will work, since it will require to update both consoles and it will update emunand to 7.2 which do not work...

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    You CAN system transfer to EmuNAND but not at the moment since your EmuNAND would need to be the latest version (7.2) which is not compatible at the moment. You will not be able to access system settings to initiate the system transfer until Gateway fixes the issues.

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    to explain, why it doesnt workt right now...
    usually, it would be simple... install emunand on your 4.5 3ds and then update that emunand to latest firmware (7.2) and on your other 3ds you update the system firmware to 7.2, then you can just do the system transfer from the 7.2 3ds to the 7.2 emunand on the 4.5 3ds
    the problem right now is, that ninty has a new encryption key on 7.2 and gateway is still working on cracking it, until then, you wont have eshop access on 7.2 using emunand, hence you cant do the update
    when gateway cracks the new encryption and releases a new update, then you can do it again