Hardware Few questions about my modded Wii

Piet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions concerning my Wii.

1. I have burned Tales of Symphonia on a DVD with the recommended 4x speed, but in "loading" it is very slow. It shows me a black screen for 5 seconds before it loads a battle / a video. Was the writing speed to slow, or did I do something wrong?

2. I have a game that's over 4.7 gig, and I don't want to spend anything on a dual-layered DVD. I tried to mod my USB controller to be a "disc" but this has failed me. Anything else I can do?

3. How do I update my Wii? Do I have to update my Wii to play the latest games?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Disc loading takes a while, for the fastest load times you should switch to USB loading.

What HDD did you use? Make sure it's compatible with the Wii, most are but some have troubles. What problems did you have? It might even be a simple fix.

You don't necessarily need to update your Wii, just your ios's. You can do so by download Modmii and follow the guide it gives you to re-softmod your Wii and have it 100% updated.

Piet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc loading takes a while, for the fastest load times you should switch to USB loading.

What HDD did you use? Make sure it's compatible with the Wii, most are but some have troubles. What problems did you have? It might even be a simple fix.

You don't necessarily need to update your Wii, just your ios's. You can do so by download Modmii and follow the guide it gives you to re-softmod your Wii and have it 100% updated.

I do not really understand your HDD, but if you mean I have a harddisk connected to my Wii then no. I might consider getting a low GB HDD for a lower price if it's possible to quickly play of it without the need for DVD's. This game that I have is over 6 GB and I'm dying to actually play it. I'm using regular DVD-R's atm

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, must have misunderstood your OP. Using a HDD is MUCH better than disc loading, it's faster loading times, easier management, and protects your DVD drive/game discs. I would highly suggest getting some sort of HDD to use, even if it's just a flash drive. Unfortunately, you would need a dual-layer disc in order to play the over 6GB game (although, I have heard of people who have managed to get dual layer games down to the 4.7gb file size, however I am not aware if this is true or not).

Piet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, must have misunderstood your OP. Using a HDD is MUCH better than disc loading, it's faster loading times, easier management, and protects your DVD drive/game discs. I would highly suggest getting some sort of HDD to use, even if it's just a flash drive. Unfortunately, you would need a dual-layer disc in order to play the over 6GB game (although, I have heard of people who have managed to get dual layer games down to the 4.7gb file size, however I am not aware if this is true or not).

I saw a guide before explaining how to make a USB a "wbfs" partition but I failed this. I think it's much easier to get a HDD and play games from there. I assume they're not really that expensive anymore nowadays? Would a 50gb external HDD be enough? If so, what should I go for? My knowledge about Wii is next to nothing, so I don't want to make any mistake

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well nowadays you don't need a wbfs partition anymore, so you won't need to worry about that. Again, download Modmii and re-mod your Wii, as this will also give you a guide on USB loading and everything you'll need to know. Search for it here on the forums. As for a compatible HDD, check here for a list of known working ones. You can get any size you'd like, just search around Newegg or your local shops for a cheap HDD. Just make sure it isn't a Seagate, they tend not to last to long

Piet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nowadays you don't need a wbfs partition anymore, so you won't need to worry about that. Again, download Modmii and re-mod your Wii, as this will also give you a guide on USB loading and everything you'll need to know. Search for it here on the forums. As for a compatible HDD, check here for a list of known working ones. You can get any size you'd like, just search around Newegg or your local shops for a cheap HDD. Just make sure it isn't a Seagate, they tend not to last to long

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E