Few Q's

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dlf, Mar 6, 2010.

Mar 6, 2010

Few Q's by dlf at 2:30 AM (620 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am contemplating on weather I should get a PSP, I might but first:

1. How much is the PSP 3000?
    2. How long is the battery life of a 3000?
    3. If I understand downloads correctly: If downloaded on a PS3 (which I also don't have yet . . .) I can transfer it to a PSP, if I download (or buy a UMD?) something I can't (download?) it to the PS3. Which brings me to the next point:
    4. If I did want to play a PSP game on a bigger screen, would I ABSOLUTELY needs a PS3?, Could I also play (some(?)) of the games through a PS2? & How would I go about transferring it to a larger screen (wireless, or link cable?)
    5. If I get a bundle how large is the Memory stick pro duo less than 8GB?
    6. Does the MSPD store the save files, music/pictures. If music how many songs am I limited to (the DSI, despite reading up to 32 GB SDHC, limits 1000 songs I think)

I really just want the system for (more) games, because I have internships, among other things and I wait for buses and trains, I want to listen to music (cycloDS for that), and play something. Weather it's a PSONE classic (PS3 transfer), or some PSP game.

And no, despite having a modified Wii & Flashcart for my DS, I don't want to mod the PSP.

2. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    I can answer the last question!

Yes, you can save media onto your MSPD. Of course, you're limited to your card's capacity. You just need to stick it in the proper folder.

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    @ 5) I think the biggest mspd you can get with a bundle is 4GB.
    @ 4) I think you can use the tv out ability with those cables sony has? (dunno really since I got a 1k which can't use tv out) No you can't use a ps2.
    @ 1) Core is about $170? Bundles are usually $200 or so. (I think)

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    @3. You can use 2 other methods to download games besides a PS3 transfer. Direct from your PSP (slow and battery draining due to Wireless B internet) or using MediaGo which is a piece of software you install onto your computer which can download and put games+demos onto your PSP, you can download whole PSP games, demos, themes and PS1 games to your memory stick (assuming you have enough space)

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Get a PSP 2000, that way you won't have scanlines during gameplay.

Also, why wouldn't you want to hack it?

6. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    None of the homebrew interests me for it. Playing DS, GBA, NES, SNES, games, watching youtube videos. I'd probably wait to play (S)NES/GBA/sega genesis/other system games on my Wii than on a PSP.