Homebrew Few Problems Running Retroarch

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 1.0.0.1 - FBA Cores NEO v0.2.97.28

I can't seem to get a bunch of Neogeoroms to load. Sengoku 3 for example just gives me a "failed to load" message, and metal slug 3 produces a black screen and spits me back to the homebrew channel.

Any idea what the issue is?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm gonna guess blindly but some games simply dont work on wii due to being too big. theres not enough space in ram to load them. that is potentially fixable by using sd card or usb to pretend to be ram, but the retroarch people put that kinda as the lowest priority possible. (they generally dont like the wii version because other systems are just easier to deal with due to more power and ram space) i think max size that supported right now (unzipped) is like, 32mb or something.

also, with every retroarch update, some fba games stopped working while others suddenly do work. you could check out older versions of the fba core and maybe some of them will play it. you'll just have to accept that only a handful of the neo geo library works on wii

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, not enough ram for some games. Though, someone claimed that he launched Sengoku 3 (with 1.0.0 maybe?). You need the correct neogeo.zip file. For fba, it's a bit annoying cause you need the latest roms for the best compatibility each time the core is updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since