ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. That's all the hint I can give. The eShop Homebrew app you speak of is called freeShop and it is basically pirating, even though the app was not intended for pirating. It's either continue what you've been doing to access your save files on two different systems or pirate the DLC on a system after you put CFW on it.
I see. Well, since I've already purchased the DLC already I don't really feel bad about getting it again for free on another system, especially since I'm pretty disappointed in their decision not to localize the two festival xenologues. Have you used freeshop yourself and do you know of any risks it has?

Here's a hint. Google 'that iso site'. The home-brew app you're looking for is arc13's freeshop.
Yeah, I think that's the one I found lol. I have no idea how to navigate it though and it doesn't seem like they have it. It looks like freeshop will be my the road I choose. For anyone who's used it, are the separate route DLCs in it? It should be since Fates seems to have been released before freeshop.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Well, since I've already purchased the DLC already I don't really feel bad about getting it again for free on another system, especially since I'm pretty disappointed in their decision not to localize the two festival xenologues. Have you used freeshop yourself and do you know of any risks it has?

Yeah, I think that's the one I found lol. I have no idea how to navigate it though and it doesn't seem like they have it. It looks like freeshop will be my the road I choose. For anyone who's used it, are the separate route DLCs in it? It should be since Fates seems to have been released before freeshop.
The DLC is bundled together with every bit of DLC for Fates. You can't pick and choose. freeShop has no risks and no one has gotten banned for using it.

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just a question...
Is Dragon Lilith's Class and MBID number something that shouldn't be messed with if you want to avoid Shadowban? So, if I make a Lilith, I won't get banned unless I go online or put them on my castle team? Or is it an Auto-Ban?

SkyOc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a way to edit Lilith's stats with this? Or even through hex editing if you can explain it really well.
I would just use the NTR plugin that makes her hungry all the time, but the plugin is only for the special edition and no one has made one for the birthright and conquest editions.

Thanks in advance!

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SkyOc1: Nope. It's not supported, and I haven't researched it at all.

@Lord Fawful: Still no luck getting things to break. I added a single item to Kiyomi's inventory (a Bamboo Pole) and a single item to the convoy (also a Bamboo Pole) and the game loaded fine. I'll need to know precisely which edits you're making in order to help you.

Kinda unrelated: I went ahead and bought SoV today. It might be a bit before I get around to playing it, though, and I don't really plan on doing anything with it save editor-wise. If anyone reading this decides to make a save editor for SoV, feel free to shoot me any questions you might have about how Fates does things. There are probably quite a few similarities in the overall save structure, even if the details on how particular things are stored are different.

Last edited by Soaprman,

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Lord Fawful :

I don't know if this have something to do, but I assume it could be.

It's a common user error.
After using Feftwiddler, save changes and closing the app, it will make a backup file.
Please make sure that you delete or move (cut/paste) these backup-file(s) to another folder.
If you add more files (It doesn't mater what) in JKSM and recovery your save, it will always be corrupted.
Make sure you only have the chapter0, chapter1 and chapter3 in the folder (or the other files that came with your backup).

Be sure that during recovering your save, the amount of files in the folder must be equal to the amount of files from when you started taking the backup.

Last edited by JordenNixNix,

SkyOc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after searching really hard through the 3ds hacking sources, I finally found an NTR plugin for the conquest version of the game (and pretty much every 3ds game you could want to use ntr for). IMO it's nowhere near as convenient and easy as feftwiddler, but it does have some useful features (quick maxing money, dragon vein points, and gems and food; no waiting to feed Lilith, use lottery, fight in arena; inventory things; etc.). It's not very useful in character tweaking though which is why feftwiddler is superior, and THANK YOU SO MUCH @Soaprman for making this beautiful tool.

In case anyone would like the ntr plugin, this https://github.com/ItsDeidara/MegaNTR is where I found it.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to change the name of units other than Corrin would be to edit the text files in the ROM itself. But Corrin's name can be changed by opening your save in a hex editor and changing it.

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to change the name of units other than Corrin would be to edit the text files in the ROM itself. But Corrin's name can be changed by opening your save in a hex editor and changing it.
Alright. I'll try that, cause I'm trynna change a name of a Non-Corrin unit

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, would anyone be interested in a 3DS port of FEFTwiddler? That way, you don't have to transfer files from the SD card to the PC, you can just extract with JKSV (or similar tools) and edit them before reinserting them, all on your system itself.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, would anyone be interested in a 3DS port of FEFTwiddler? That way, you don't have to transfer files from the SD card to the PC, you can just extract with JKSV (or similar tools) and edit them before reinserting them, all on your system itself.
yeah, that'd be nice

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: When editing characters, is it possible to change a character's (who hasn't joined yet) class/skills to where they join in that class? Or do you have to recruit them in their original class, then change it?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: When editing characters, is it possible to change a character's (who hasn't joined yet) class/skills to where they join in that class? Or do you have to recruit them in their original class, then change it?
With this editor, you have to recruit them first then change it. You can't change their class/skills then recruit them because that requires some form of ROM hacking, not save editing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night