ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Everyone aside from Arfoire seems to work properly now-- though, Arfoire's problem only seems to be being named 'Outrealmer'... ...i'll take it, haha.

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone put a sav file with all the units that were post it here there was a male kana with default hair search it
EDIT : IM SO SORRY FOR THE MULTIPLE POST!!! THE INTERNET FAILED ME SO SORRY!!!

Last edited by Roythekids5,

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll write up a tutorial on how to inject the DLC characters through extdata. @whitewolf8, you said everyone except Arfoire is working fine on your end? Even Chrom and the gang? Wow.

In a related question, which files need to be kept/backed up for extdata saves? I want to add this in on my tutorial, just in case people wan't to back those up first. Aren't they the ones with the _g extension, or whatever it is?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll write up a tutorial on how to inject the DLC characters through extdata. @whitewolf8, you said everyone except Arfoire is working fine on your end? Even Chrom and the gang? Wow.

In a related question, which files need to be kept/backed up for extdata saves? I want to add this in on my tutorial, just in case people wan't to back those up first. Aren't they the ones with the _g extension, or whatever it is?
From DeathChaos25's DLC thread:

"To keep your saves located in extra data, in JK's Save Manager, chose to dump the extra data for Fire Emblem Fates, inside the extdata dump, you will have a bunch of files starting with "g_", these are the asset files that need to be deleted, delete those from the extdata dump, delete your extra data from System Settings, then with JK's Save Manager inject your extdata back in after having deleted all of the "g_" files EXCEPT "g_contents.bin"."

Reactions: EmblemCrossing

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From DeathChaos25's DLC thread:

"To keep your saves located in extra data, in JK's Save Manager, chose to dump the extra data for Fire Emblem Fates, inside the extdata dump, you will have a bunch of files starting with "g_", these are the asset files that need to be deleted, delete those from the extdata dump, delete your extra data from System Settings, then with JK's Save Manager inject your extdata back in after having deleted all of the "g_" files EXCEPT "g_contents.bin"."

Pretty sure he replied to me with that at one point, yet I was too lazy to go find it. So it's just a matter of merging the extdata dump with my backup saves. Simple enough. Would any extdata dump work though? I see Omega is waiting until V2 drops, and I was hoping my friend could test this out for me in the meantime while I write my tutorial. Could I just send my extdata their way and have them use that? Seems too easy.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure he replied to me with that at one point, yet I was too lazy to go find it. So it's just a matter of merging the extdata dump with my backup saves. Simple enough. Would any extdata dump work though? I see Omega is waiting until V2 drops, and I was hoping my friend could test this out for me in the meantime while I write my tutorial. Could I just send my extdata their way and have them use that? Seems too easy.
Extra data is 3DS-specific. Sending your extra data to him wouldn't work.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extra data is 3DS-specific. Sending your extra data to him wouldn't work.

Figures as much. That makes me curious as to why the universal data that DeathChaos provided would work. Is it just raw assets, not packed in a cia format? So many mysteries.

Yeah, everyone's working~

could i ask to leech off of you too ;_;

*points at my reply above* apparently not, sorry friend. We just gotta wait it out a bit for release.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they're the raw assets, you can still find them by exporting your extdata save, they're the 'g_xxxxxxxxxx' files from the dump.
I'll see what I can do, but they'll probably be mixed together with DeathChaos', and well. I can't guarantee it'll work. One sec.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh don't worry, i'm the one asking, so i'll try to sort through it.
...oh wait, the character files are also kinda necessary.
Luckily, I have a dump of those. Well, I don't have the revelation bosses, but you can find those in Omega's thread. He has a unit folder already.

Edit: @whitewolf8, here you go!

*removed because it didn't work lmao

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh, ack, i didn't notice they were included there oops

Hm... Intriguing, these ones don't seem to work for me. ...i suppose i'll try waiting for v.2, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU