Features questions!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Louis Cypher, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010

Features questions! by Louis Cypher at 8:41 PM (934 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Louis Cypher
    OP

Newcomer Louis Cypher Newbie

United States
    So I've been using an R4DS for a few years in my DS Lite, and my ak2i just arrived in the mail this morning to replace it. I got an ezflash 3-in-1 expansion pack with it, specifically so I could load GBA games off of the microsd in the ak2i, and so far, so good! I've tried it out with a couple of games I've downloaded, but what I'd *really* like is to rip my own sizable GBA collection, *especially* the saves. I've got a big old honking flash linker that I can use - I think it's a Flash 2 Advance, one of the older big ones with both parallel and USB connections - but I don't have the software for it anymore, I don't think. I could do it that way, but it just seems like it'd be easier to use my Lite as a go-between.

Is there some software (or even a hardware feature of the ak2i) that would let me do this?

2. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think GBA dumping required special hardware... I could be wrong though.

Welcome to the AceKard and it's community!
    Also, get AKAIO 1.6RC2 if you haven't already.

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool would be helpful. You'd launch the backup tool on your AK2i and it will dump the game or the save onto the AK2i's MicroSD. Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool 0.21

4. Louis Cypher
    OP

Newcomer Louis Cypher Newbie

United States
    This sounds pretty much like exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks.

And yes, I've already got 1.6RC2. The main motivating factor behind getting the card was getting SMT Strange Journey running. I mean, I bought it on release day, but I've been holding off playing it until I could get it running on a microsd. The wait for a patch was starting to drive me bonkers.

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Don't hold me to it, but I think there is a newer version of the backup tool. Anyways, you need to have the ini file in the root folder of the card. The program can be anywhere (I have mine in \Backup\GBA) but the .ini file needs to be at the root.