Hacking Feature on R4 I am looking for in other carts

braids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The one thing I love about the r4 is the ability to display the game's actual name on the bottom screen. What I am referring to is that the top screen display the file name, but the bottom screen shows an image of the game as well as the real name. I bought a M3 real and was expecting the same thing, but discovered that it doesn't. Is there another card, like the Edge, Acekard or something that has this same ability? Thanks.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
braids said:
The one thing I love about the r4 is the ability to display the game's actual name on the bottom screen. What I am referring to is that the top screen display the file name, but the bottom screen shows an image of the game as well as the real name. I bought a M3 real and was expecting the same thing, but discovered that it doesn't. Is there another card, like the Edge, Acekard or something that has this same ability? Thanks.
I would suggest that you use a program like ROMINATOR or something to
rename all your games to there actual name. Unless you just like to see the
icon also in wich case I'm not sure. But at least you would be looking at the right file name.
Hope it helps.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He wants to see the icon and name on the bottom screen like in the game menu on the R4. Rominator just renames and organizes, does nothing special to the R4.

But for the Cyclo, on the bottom screen it shows you the ROM name and an icon on the list where you select which game to load.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
WTH is a Y menu?

YSmenu is a homebrew loader that Yasu has made for the DSTT http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
it also works on the scdsone with a hacked bootloader http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog/2008/03/24/bo...card-dsone-sdhc

it has everything the r4 has plus sdhc & gba support for a lot of slot2 carts

jjjj6bo4hc3.jpg

braids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Yeah, I am referring to the setup like in the example photo of helpme. I am surprise other cards doesn't have this natively. I think it is a great feature and I can quickly identify what the games are without having to rename them. It looks like I will be getting either the SCDSone or the DSTT. I was wanting something that can do it natively, but beggers can't be choosers.

There isn't anything wrong with my R4 card. Alot of my coworkers wants some after messing with mine. The price of the R4 is ridiculously high and hard to find compared to when I bought it a while back. With all the other cards that are available for less, I was looking elsewhere. Again, thanks for the replies.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily