Hacking FDS 3206 write enable mod for the Famicom Disk System

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
board_preview.png

I've recently worked on my own design for a modchip in particular for the Famicom Disk System. Drive controllers using the FDC-3206/P have tight security measures in place to prevent users from copying and writing to disks because of the ongoing rampant piracy in Asia. That's when this circuit comes into play, this messes with the protection circuit logic and re-enables the write enable functionality to copy disks again. All that is needed to make this are two logic ICs - a 74LS76 and a 74LS45.

The schematics are based off the ones from Famicom World (seen here), my version reworks this schematic into a much more cleaner design.

https://github.com/m4x10187/fdc-3206-write-mod

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know how to determine it. All of mine are the old write-unprotected revision, bar needing minor modifications on the power board.

Reactions: SylverReZ

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, I got a lot of 6 FDSes for $22 and like $50 shipping, couldn't pass that up, could I? :v

And then all they needed was some belts. Super fun and satisfying to restore, too ;)

Last edited by skawo,
  • Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...