Emulation fceugx on wii u

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I have a question I have a modded Wii all setup working with fceugx and the others for snes etc. I just hacked the Wii U but can I run fceugx or the other emulators just like id did on my Wii? I want to load classic systems just like on my Wii for Nes, Snes, Sega etc. I don't really like Retroarch to load games so this is why I'm asking if I can run fceugx on wii u. I have searched a bunch but cannot find the answer

Thanks

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, just install the emulators into your SD Card like you would on the Wii. And open them from the Homebrew Channel like on the Wii. You can even get forwarders for them if you want. But keep in mind that the forwarders need to be made for the vWii in order to work, otherwise it will just show a black screen. You can even create forwarders to use from the Wii U that allow you to play with the GamePad even.

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, just install the emulators into your SD Card like you would on the Wii. And open them from the Homebrew Channel like on the Wii. You can even get forwarders for them if you want. But keep in mind that the forwarders need to be made for the vWii in order to work, otherwise it will just show a black screen. You can even create forwarders to use from the Wii U that allow you to play with the GamePad even.

I got the WiiFlow forwader working using the conversion tool. How to I get it to diplay and use the gamepad? As you mentioned

Thanks

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I recommend you use a tool called the WiiVC Injector by TeconMoon. It allows you to create Homebrew forwarders that you can then install trough Wup Installer. I have attached some images you can use in the injector so that it looks nice. If you need help with the tool, let me know.

Attachments

• nes banner.png
    nes banner.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 215
  • nes icon.png
    nes icon.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 171

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend you use a tool called the WiiVC Injector by TeconMoon. It allows you to create Homebrew forwarders that you can then install trough Wup Installer. I have attached some images you can use in the injector so that it looks nice. If you need help with the tool, let me know.

I found the app but what do you do to get vWii on the gamepad?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Its on the GamePad/Meta Options. Find the section of GamePad emulation. Here's what each option means:
  • No GamePad Emulation: Pretty self explanatory.
  • Classic Controller Emulation: The GamePad will function as if it was a Classic Controller.
  • Vertical Wii Remote Emulation: The GamePad will function as a sideways Wii Remote.
  • Horizontal Wii Remote Emulation: Same thing as above, but it will act as a horizontal Wii Remote instead.
  • Force Classic Controller Connected: In the case a game does not detect a Classic Controller being connected, use this feature.
  • Force No Classic Controller: If you don't want the game to use the Classic Controller when it detects it, use this feature.
Keep in mind that both the Horizontal and Vertical Wii Remote Emulation can't use motion controls or the sensor bar.
In the case for the emulators I recommend these settings: Use Wii Homebrew Injection if you do not have a forwarder channel installed on your vWii, otherwise use the vWii NAND Title Launcher. If you are using the vWii NAND Title launcher, use the Classic Controller Emulation with the GamePad. And for the source files just use the files I provided.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope this helps

Attachments

• FCEUGX gamepad support.part1.rar
    5 MB · Views: 205
  • FCEUGX gamepad support.part2.rar
    5 MB · Views: 212
  • FCEUGX gamepad support.part3.rar
    5 MB · Views: 229
  • FCEUGX gamepad support.part4.rar
    243 KB · Views: 212

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it ask you if you want to use the GamePad? If not then you must have left the GamePad Emulation on no GamePad emulation.

Yup It asks me to use the gamepad ut once it boots into FCEU the gamepad nor wii remote respond

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hope this helps

Winrar says these are not supported files

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, if you enabled the "Disable Wii Remote Passthrough in GamePad mode" then not using the Wii Remote is normal. As for the GamePad, can you control the menu? You need to use the B button to access the Settings and Exit buttons. Aside from that then you just use the D-Pad to control the app, A and B to confirm and cancel respectively, and the Home button to open the menu when you are playing a game.

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you enabled the "Disable Wii Remote Passthrough in GamePad mode" then not using the Wii Remote is normal. As for the GamePad, can you control the menu? You need to use the B button to access the Settings and Exit buttons. Aside from that then you just use the D-Pad to control the app, A and B to confirm and cancel respectively, and the Home button to open the menu when you are playing a game.

The gamepad won't do anything

they're split files. you need all of them, then extract part1

Yup I downloaded all 4 parts but winrar gives an error saying its not valid

hope this helps

---------------------------
Warning
No archives found
OK

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked for me. tested with original (split) files and again with downloaded files above. sorry I can't help any more.
edit: update WinRAR? try 7-zip? ask google?
I gave you the exact files you asked for. try to open them with something else.

Last edited by enderer,

gonefishing1975

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, you seem to be pretty unlucky. I'll try to make an injection and test it out and then share it with you.

Ya Wii U modding I just started yesterday. Wii now works the way I want it to for all classic systems, wiiflow etc. So I decided to try Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?