matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suck at making homebrews (in computer programming in general), but I was hoping someone would hear me out and develop some kind of program that allows you to see all you friend codes without having to select each game one by one. In fact, it doesn't even have to be on the DS, maybe you can use it on the computer when you have all the game files you need accessible. I don't know where Friend Codes are stored so this might not work, but I'm pretty sure it's accessible through .SAV file. To me it sounds easy enough to make, but who am I to judge. Anyone think it'd be a good idea?

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting idea. There's three hurdles though.

The small one is the program has to scan for all the *.sav files on the card.

A bigger hurdle is the program then has to identify what game this is. Although this can probably be paired with the scanner - find *.nds files first, ID the ROM itself and then grab the *.sav

And last, the biggest hurdle: Discovering where the friend code is located in the *.sav file. And extracting it.

I like the idea. Doesn't do ME any good, none of my games seem to work online. But still. I don't know who would build the database of friend code locations in games though.

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's clearly possible. It's just a difficult project. I'm not sure there would be a high enough demand for this to justify the time it takes to build the database of friend code locations for each of the games.

matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thank you for all of your inputs. I guess the program isn't that vital. I just have to get off my lazy ass. Thanks for giving me some insight on homebrewing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30