FBZX Wii v1

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
gallery_113027_79_4978.png
gallery_113027_79_6842.png

FBZX Wii is a new Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator made by Obiaf. See below for a list of features, and check out the project page for more information about this homebrew's initial release.

Current Features (05/01/12) said:
  • Emulates accurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A and the Spanish 128K. This include screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
  • Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
  • Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
  • Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and fast speed loading.
  • Emulates up to 2 joysticks: kempston, cursor and sinclair1 and sinclair2.
  • All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypad are fully configurable.
  • Virtual keyboard support.
  • Emulates the Interface I and Microdrive.
  • Emulates the ULAPlus
  • Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page

Reactions: 2 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh this is sooooo cooool!! :D
I still have my spectrum, but it doesnt work anymore

thanks thanks thanks!!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a decent emulator I guess, it's somehow nice to play Spectrum games on the TV like I used to, although it would be nice to have a few graphic filters to emulate an old tube TV ( like Spectaculator.com ) . But as it is , the video emulation looks spot-on.
The audio though it's a little bit of a mess, AY sound emulation is emulated but the output is raspy and choppy ( sorry for a lack of terms here ) so I'd rather switch it off for the moment.
And although I admire the effort and applaud it's author for another wonderful emulator, I must say that the emulator menu has to be one of the ugliest and less functional I've seen trough all the years ( and it's pratically the same as the Amiga emulator so I don't have any hopes that it'll get better any time soon ) .
As it is, I'd rather stick to ZXDS, which is nearly perfect and does a lot more then just emulate the hardware ( like directory browsing, copy/delete/paste files , save states, mouse emulation, wonderful customizable gui and so on ).

Anyway thanks very much for this release, I hope some of the problems ( mostly audio lag ) will get fixed soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1