FBZX Wii v1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, May 3, 2012.

May 3, 2012

FBZX Wii v1 by VatoLoco at 2:22 AM (1,793 Views / 2 Likes) 3 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FBZX Wii is a new Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator made by Obiaf. See below for a list of features, and check out the project page for more information about this homebrew's initial release.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2 people like this.
  2. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    oh this is sooooo cooool!! :D
    I still have my spectrum, but it doesnt work anymore

thanks thanks thanks!!

3. sabandellos

Newcomer sabandellos Advanced Member

Spain
  4. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    It's a decent emulator I guess, it's somehow nice to play Spectrum games on the TV like I used to, although it would be nice to have a few graphic filters to emulate an old tube TV ( like Spectaculator.com ) . But as it is , the video emulation looks spot-on.
    The audio though it's a little bit of a mess, AY sound emulation is emulated but the output is raspy and choppy ( sorry for a lack of terms here ) so I'd rather switch it off for the moment.
    And although I admire the effort and applaud it's author for another wonderful emulator, I must say that the emulator menu has to be one of the ugliest and less functional I've seen trough all the years ( and it's pratically the same as the Amiga emulator so I don't have any hopes that it'll get better any time soon ) .
    As it is, I'd rather stick to ZXDS, which is nearly perfect and does a lot more then just emulate the hardware ( like directory browsing, copy/delete/paste files , save states, mouse emulation, wonderful customizable gui and so on ).

Anyway thanks very much for this release, I hope some of the problems ( mostly audio lag ) will get fixed soon.